Thread: Is this a driver issue?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Is this a driver issue? 
    Im getting this problem when tryin to export 8k footage to 8k exr sequence "The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error Error code:0."
    Do you think its a driver issue (i know its wining about the Gpu). I have not had problem with this prior when working with cineform renders.

I have been pretty happy with my current nvidia drivers but I think I will update them. Do you run the studio drivers?
    What drivers and version are you running? I have a 1080 Ti.

Also can you export 8k from a 4k timeline? I tried it and get a warning that all nodes will be rendered at timeline resolution. So i bump upp the timline to 8k prior to render.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

11g vram is pretty marginal for 8k from the get go

do you have any OFX or NR in the timeline that you can cache perhaps, and export from the caches?
    turn off "use GPU for red decode"?
    source cache the 8k timline and export from the caches?

not likely a driver, but worth updateing anyway... and yes i use the creative drivers not the gaming,
    but would not hold my breath for exportng a 8k timeline with 11g vram directly, but i have made it work with caches in play

Working with with a 4k timeline and 8k source clips works fine when exporting to other formats and resolutions. Its just the open exr 8k export that is more or less unpriditible at best. But I agree 11gig is on low side. Will get 24 next time i update graphic card. Would be nice to here davinci/red users that like there perfomance better with the creative drivers.

If i use my usal 4k timeline and change the output to 8k I get into trouble.
    If I change it to 8k and check the render at soucre resolution i still get in trouble even thoe it grays out the 8k export.
    If I keep my output resolution to 4k and check render at source resolution it works fine (atlest the one i tested yesterday).

If i compare the render from "checked" "render at source resolution" it seams to keep all quality and output 8k. Is this true or must I render 8k from a 8k timeline. Just must be sure there no upscale processing done.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Check the "Render at source resolution" and you'll be fine.
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez