Thread: Cheaper options to msegrip's "Mirror Reflector 42" x 42" with Yoke Brake"

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Cheaper options to msegrip's "Mirror Reflector 42" x 42" with Yoke Brake" 
    Is there any lower priced but still good options for the msegrip's "Mirror Reflector 42" x 42" with Yoke Brake"?
    https://products.msegrip.com/collect...rror-reflector
    In "worst case" I could build one but there most be more options than msegrip's (which i loved to get but things tends to pick up in price before you have it delivered in sweden).
    Is it just an ordinary mirror or should it be a tiny bit convex or concave to focus the light better?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Any mirror works to reflect light. But the nice thing about the MSE grip's mirror board is that the yoke mount makes it easy to aim the light. But you can rig any mirror with some clamps and get it to work. Some mirrors are better than others and be careful of breakage!

Build a padded frame around a plain mirror from Home Improvement store and clamp it on both sides, mount to stand.
    Robert Wynne
    AANASEA Media

www.aanasea.com

do you need the glass mirror or the shiny board?

the yoke is always preferred but these work pretty well for all sorts of stuff like that:

https://products.msegrip.com/collect...antrell-holder

you can glue a mirror to some plywood and drill a hole

Senior Member Satsuki Murashige's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    Is it just an ordinary mirror or should it be a tiny bit convex or concave to focus the light better?
    It would most likely be a flat front-surface mirror. Those can be rather difficult to find in such large sizes from commercial sources, most household style mirrors have glass in front of the mirror so you get double reflections and other artifacts. If you just want a slightly diffused reflector, you don’t need the front-surface mirror.

I've used a lot of mirror boards, most of them made by the rental house. 4x4 mirror glued to plywood with a yoke. and a junior pin. Super easy to make. the plywood and glass are already heavy so a steel yoke is no big deal. Any local welder can whip one up if you draw it up.

Nick

Thanks, I will go the diy route. I plan to do a few flags and other stuff while im at it.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069