Thread: Ranger Gemini

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Björn!

The Ranger base is shorter than the DSMC2, so any plate designed for the brains is going to stick out past the curve of the Ranger, and would cause discomfort operated that way, no?
    Last edited by James Sielaff; 10-28-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Anyone have suggestions on accessories? The Ranger is very compact considering its features. I’ve got this wooden paddle handle that attaches right to the body. Works well for a minimal and versatile setup.

I’ll post a picture soon.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...g&toolid=11111
    Last edited by James Sielaff; 12-01-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Björn,

I think the Bright Tangerine base plate is a good compromise. The back sticks out just a little bit, but not bad for quick shoulder work.
    And it is totally possible to cut or file off that little bit on the operator side if one wanted to.

It allows the camera to stay very minimal and compact. The base plate slides directly onto Arri dovetail.

There is also the option to purchase an additional 15mm rods adapter for the rear of the base plate, if one wanted rods for the back. The ability to mount the rods adapter on either side also allows the user to choose which side the locking mechanism is on.

Typically the camera itself is already complete, so the Bright tangerine keeps everything really compact.

Will see how the locking mechanism holds up. Those parts are very small, and it feels like repeated use on the Arri dovetails could wear it out. TBD.

Everything else seems well though out. Worth a look when considering base plates, especially for the Ranger Gemini.

The black paint matches the Ranger finish better than the pictures suggest.

https://www.brighttangerine.com/stor...ate-for-dsmc2/
    Last edited by James Sielaff; 11-30-2019 at 01:03 AM.

At the Red user meetup a couple weeks ago, i saw an Arri mount, or 3/8-16, to Arri Rosette adapter for mounting arms to the operator side. Does anyone know what it is or where to buy one? It has an offset so it is even with the AC side Arri rosette.

(See attached image)
    Attached Images