Thread: Preserving Folder structure when transcoding in RedCine

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Preserving Folder structure when transcoding in RedCine 
    Hi,

is there a way to preserve/copy the folder structure when transcoding in Red Cine X, so the transcoded media has the exact same folder structure without having to create the folders manually?

For example on your drive you have the following folder directory REDRAW / DATE / A001 / A001_"number string".RDC / A001_"number string".R3D

You want to end up with TRANSCODES / DATE / A001 / A001_"number string".MOV, without having to make all the folder directories manually yourself,
    or having to adjust the output each time.

Thank you

In the output location section, change the pulldown to "Output with Clip Filename to Clip Folder"

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    In the output location section, change the pulldown to "Output with Clip Filename to Clip Folder"
    This is not working for me and oddly it doesn't seem to generate a file at all. RedCineX (v51) says running and then complete but way too quickly for a 1 minute clip, and then the clip is no where to be found on the drive.

When I specify an output directory it works as far as generating a clip but then I'm back to square one where I have to create the desired folder structure manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Riggs View Post
    This is not working for me and oddly it doesn't seem to generate a file at all. RedCineX (v51) says running and then complete but way too quickly for a 1 minute clip, and then the clip is no where to be found on the drive.

When I specify an output directory it works as far as generating a clip but then I'm back to square one where I have to create the desired folder structure manually.
    Sounds like a bug. Try an older version of redcine.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram