Thread: Canon EF-S 17-55 on Gemini?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Canon EF-S 17-55 on Gemini? 
    Anyone have experience with this combo? Wondering where/if it would vignette on the wide end. Looking at the lens primarily for crop sensor photography, but thought it might serve as a nice down & dirty run & gun on the Gemini...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Krams View Post
    Anyone have experience with this combo? Wondering where/if it would vignette on the wide end. Looking at the lens primarily for crop sensor photography, but thought it might serve as a nice down & dirty run & gun on the Gemini...
    Don't know if this helps, but the EF-S 17-55 vignettes on Scarlet Dragon at 5k. However the Tamron 17-55 f2.8 (non VC) does not. I got mine for <$250 on eBay a few years ago. For some reason aperture control is not always 100% on this lens.

I'm wondering the same thing. It doesn't vignette much at all on GH5s and booster which is give or take same crop 1.25 factor at gemini and dragon 6k ff. Should be a good one for run and gun though the focus ring isn't very enjoyable. If you have the light the 24-105 could potentially be more useful or the Sigma 24-70 IS.
    Multiple hat wearing director and cinematographer based but not bound in the greater New York area.
    -
    GEMINI
    -
    Reel: http://julienjarry.com/reel
    Instagram: instagram.com/julienajarry/

It vignettes on the wide end and IS doesn't work. It was a waste of time for me.
    Multiple hat wearing director and cinematographer based but not bound in the greater New York area.
    -
    GEMINI
    -
    Reel: http://julienjarry.com/reel
    Instagram: instagram.com/julienajarry/