Thread: RedCine-X constantly crashing when opening clips

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RedCine-X constantly crashing when opening clips 
    Always when i'm opening RedCine-X and try to open a clip it just crashes/closes the application.

Only happens since the actual release 51.47074.

I'm on Windows 10. Anybody noticed this issue?

Thanks!

Tim,

What graphics card do you have installed in your computer? And what was the resolution of the clip you were trying to open?

GPU: GeForce GTX 770, driver up to date
    Windows 10 Version 1809 (Build 17763.737)

Dragon 6K and also Helium 8K footage.

Tim

Nvidia Drivers
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers

So the Nvidia Geforce GTX driver you have is Version 436.02 as of August 20 2019?

And I believe the most current version of Windows 10 was 1903 which I think initially had some audio problems, but I believe they were fixed. I know 1809 was all that was required for this version of Redcine-X

Also , does your system meet these requirements for Redcine-X Version 51.0.47074?

REDCINE-X Professional RELEASE CANDIDATE Build V51.0.47074 – Windows (64-Bit) Build

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

64-bit Windows Vista to Windows 10 (version 1809)
    1GB hard drive space
    8GB RAM (recommended)
    2GB GPU Video RAM (when using GPU acceleration)
    Windows 4GB GPU Video RAM (when using GPU R3D decompression)
    Last edited by rand thompson; 09-17-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Tim,

if nothing else works, you might want to send a "Log Report" to Red so they can see what is going on.

1) Enable "Verbose Logging". This, According to the "Redcine-X Pro Operations Manual"

"Adds more information to log files. Only select Verbose Logging if you need extensive log files for Support. Enabling Verbose Logging may slow down your computer performance. "

2) Go to the "Help" Tab and "Show Log File..". This will show a list of the most recent Log files that have been created. Copy the last one, in my case was 5/22/2019, which I don't have selected in this screengrab

3) Send a Zip file of your System. Go to the "Help" Tab and "Show System Information.." and save it somewhere .

You can also, After you enable "Verbose Logging", manually "Save Report" after the incident happens or just whenever. Go to the "Help" Tab and "Save Report"

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hupfauer View Post
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, driver up to date
    Windows 10 Version 1809 (Build 17763.737)

Dragon 6K and also Helium 8K footage.
    Hi Tim, I have no idea why you are crashing, but that GPU is pretty on the low side of things to be able to accomplish much. And since RCX relies heavily on the GPU I'd suggest at a minimum go to a GPU with 4GB of RAM. I would truthfully really suggest 8GB. Maybe grab a used 1080, if you want to go hog wild go for the newer RTX stuff.

All of my systems use Nvidia GPUs and I don't have any of the issues you're experiencing, I personally think that will help. Particularly with the 6K and 8K material.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Thanks Phil, i'm aware that the specs are pretty low-end, but it never used to be a problem to load 6K/8K clips before (despite the bad playback), so i'm wondering ...