Thread: Canon C500 Mark II

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Trilling View Post
    Just received mine. Used on two gigs. No issues with the way it looks...yet. Sadly (and strangely) only one 3-G SDI terminal option on this camera (MON). The SDI OUT is 12-G, and HDMI and MON don't work at the same time. So sending picture to video village/client comes with display, unless you hide it ji(which can be a hindrance while operating). Using 3rd party EVF's, Teradek's, additional operator monitors, is a puzzle I've yet to solve. Any suggestions?
    I hope you can normally send the 12G SDI out to Video Village, because I would sure hate to lose the monitor display info and have to send that instead. Is it just a case of a low end display panel in the Village? What would be the minimum requirement for the Village panel to work with this camera? For example, the new Atomos Neon should be able to display 12G, but maybe an older Sumo couldn’t?

You'd have to have a 12G capable display, yes. I own 2 Sony PVM A170's. Wouldn't exactly call those low end but not 12G capable. I recently bought a Teradek 1000xt system: not 12G. New Gratical Eye: not 12G. So I guess I'm stuck having to buy all new gear, settling for a BNC splitter, or selling the camera...really frustrating....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Trilling View Post
    You'd have to have a 12G capable display, yes. I own 2 Sony PVM A170's. Wouldn't exactly call those low end but not 12G capable. I recently bought a Teradek 1000xt system: not 12G. New Gratical Eye: not 12G. So I guess I'm stuck having to buy all new gear, settling for a BNC splitter, or selling the camera...really frustrating....
    Sorry you’re facing this, but thanks for saving us all the trouble. I was excited about that camera for high end live streams, but not anymore.