Thread: Panasonic LUMIX S1H Full Overview 6K Test Footage and System Review First Look

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Burkhart View Post
    Love that guy. He is even better than the camera.
    He is absolutely hysterical!
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

just picked one of these bad boys up....will post samples soon.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    PANASONIC S1H FOOTAGE // TEST SHOOT WITH PANASONIC

By Peter Makholm

Panasonic S1h Footage, test shoot with Panasonic. All the footage is shot on the Panasonic S1H and has been approved by Panasonic. I think the LUMIX S1H is future proof, and That The Panasonic s1h is a great full frame mirrorless video camera.

This Panasonic full frame mirrorless camera shoots 6k footage, and Panasonic has given the LUMIX S1H everything a videographer can ask for. This test footage shows just how great this S1H performs.

This Lumix S1H video test is just another proof that Panasonic is listening to what we as professional users want. Do you want to Buy the Panasonic S1H, and what du you think of it.

Panasonic S1H interview // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCyuG...
    Unfortunately that grade does not do a whole lot for the camera. I know it's just a creative choice but on these reviews it can be very deceiving to know what the actual capabilities are when channels are clipped due to grade and pushed into color that doesn't represent the color science.
    Steve Sherrick

Steve,

There are a lot of people who seem to like that Blue low contrast look, I don't. And, as you stated, it is a creative choice. Who am I to tell someone that their creative color grading decisions don't fully optimize the color science and sensor characteristics of a specific camera or are up to mine or your color grading standards or styles.

There are a couple of thousand ways the images in this video could have been processed color wise, both good and bad. If you are going to call out these guys for their color grading decisions, be prepared for yours to be called out as well.

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Leave the light alone. Let it do its thing without putting a stank on it. YMMV.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

Steve,

There are a lot of people who seem to like that Blue low contrast look, I don't. And, as you stated, it is a creative choice. Who am I to tell someone that their creative color grading decisions don't fully optimize the color science and sensor characteristics of a specific camera or are up to mine or your color grading standards or styles.

There are a couple of thousand ways the images in this video could have been processed color wise, both good and bad. If you are going to call out these guys for their color grading decisions, be prepared for yours to be called out as well.
    Just to be clear, I have no issue with creative choices, I was just pointing out that this could have been a bit more useful as a test representing the capabilities of the camera. At the very least it would have been great if they could have included some shots as captured, without the look for comparison. Then again, they are not obligated to do anything, so I probably should have just left this alone and not commented. And I agree with you about opening up myself to criticism, although I am by far my harshest critic. I rented the S1H for the week to test out, so I will post some footage, warts and all when I get a chance.
    Steve Sherrick

Steve,

I didn't want to come across as combative. Yes I would have loved if they would have posted some raw footage so that I could have evaluated it myself, because the best tests are the ones we do ourselves. I've seen grades from individuals whom I personally thought didn't maximize the capabilities of the Red Raw codec. I've personally pushed more than a few Red .r3d files way past their breaking point myself.

However, some people will be perfectly happy with their grades as well as their clients . But they might not possess the same level of color grading competence as you. Everyone who wants to continue to improve on their color grading skills, like myself, will always appreciate constructive criticism of their work so they can get better. Some are perfectly happy to stay at their current level of color grading skills

I just didn't want to get into the habit of passing judgment on others creative decisions whether it's at the detriment of the image or not.I always try to appreciate some parts of other people's grades even though it may not be what I would have done.

And thanks in advance for the sample S1H footage that you will be posting.

Steve,

I didn't want to come across as combative.
    I don’t want to sound combative either but I’m honestly curious about your intentions with this thread and the Atlas Anamorphic thread. You seem to keep these threads alive by posting a lot of online footage or reviews whether or not you seem to personally like the reviews or footage even. So, I’m just curious what if any motivation you have? And again, I’m not trying to be rude or combative here but I honestly thought you worked for Atlas at one point and they were paying you to keep the thread alive for eyeballs on the product. Now I see you are doing the same with this thread so perhaps that’s not the case and maybe you are just a huge fan of both these products? Just curious and I think it’s fair to ask your intentions because most people don’t do what you appear to do in these threads. If it’s just that you are trying to provide people with as much knowledge about the product as possible because you really like it that’s totally cool. But, I figured if I was thinking it about you others might be as well.

it’s just that you are trying to provide people with as much knowledge about the product as possible because you really like it that’s totally cool.

Exactly!!, why would I want to tell you about how great a product is when I can show you and let you make you own decisions about the viability of this product for you own purposes. And I love the Atlas Anamorphic lenses even though I can't afford a set currently.

And you're here viewing this thread . Are you here only to read the info about the S1H or are you here to View the sample videos as well?
    Last edited by rand thompson; 11-28-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Exactly!!, why would I want to tell you about how great a product is when I can show you and let you make you on decisions about the viability of this product for you own purposes. And I love the Atlas Anamorphic lenses even though I can't afford a set currently.

And you're here viewing this thread . Are you here only to read the info about the S1H or are you here to View the sample videos as well?
    That’s cool and like I said, I hope I didn’t offend you. I appreciate your enthusiasm and sharing with the community. Not many people (myself included) take the time to share as much as you do. My own personal motivations for visiting this thread are simple. I currently own an EVA-1 and I’m potentially looking at a B-Cam. Also, I have a shoot in January that I’m considering using two of these S1H for and am trying to figure out if it would be a good choice / alternative to the EVA-1’s? I like the full frame look but want to get my hands on some 6K footage to play and test with since we have tight edit turnarounds each day and want to make sure the image holds up to the quality level of EVA-1. I’ll probably rent one from Borrow Lenses for a few days and test myself. There’s a few other considerations in play here but the full frame sensor and the small size factor of the S1H is quite tempting.