Thread: Canon FD vs K35

Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160
  1. #151  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Thanks, in that case I would almost certainly prefer the 55mm. :/

    I tried out a 24mm f2 (at 2500 ISO) and the 24mm f1.4 (at 800 ISO, not a perfect match) and the 24mm f1.4 does have more flare against a bright light. Now that I got the aperture blades open, the haze is worse than I remember.

    Is there anywhere that cleans haze affordably or should I send it back? Or is this decementing? Thanks in advance.

    Looks clean....


    But isn't...



    Here's an A/B of flare amount:

    24mm f1.4 wide open:



    24mm f2 wide open:

    Last edited by Matt W.; 04-21-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #152  
    Senior Member Jacek Zakowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,390
    I recemented elements on 24mm before. When they delaminate they usually have "rainbow" reflecting areas that are separating.
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #153  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    I recemented elements on 24mm before. When they delaminate they usually have "rainbow" reflecting areas that are separating.
    How much would you charge? I can still send this back so it's probably just cheaper for me to buy another sample. But I'm not sure if it's haze or if it's decementing:





    How much would you charge if it's just haze? Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

    This is the second 24mm f1.4 I've seen with this problem I think.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #154  
    Senior Member Jacek Zakowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,390
    It looks like decementing in the most recent pix you posted
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #155  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    It looks like decementing in the most recent pix you posted
    Thanks, I think I'll just return it. The area circled in red is just a weird flare I'm pretty sure btw. The way my iPhone photographs lens flares is strange. I don't see any of the rainbows circled IRL:



    Is that what looked like decementing to you?

    Otherwise, to me it looks like oily haze, but I am not sure and not an expert. I'm worried by it and should probably just return it.
    Last edited by Matt W.; 04-21-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #156  
    Senior Member Jacek Zakowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,390
    Different types of glass show it differently. The edge spot looks like a typical separation
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #157  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Different types of glass show it differently. The edge spot looks like a typical separation
    Thanks, much appreciated. It's going back...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #158  
    I searched here and Google and the canon online museum site, but am coming up empty.
    My question is- where does the 25-120 K35 zoom fit in the history of k35 lenses?
    Also, how does it look with/cut with the primes?
    I gather between the first and second generation of k35's there was a shift from the parent FD lens on the 24, 55, 85 (swapping in the L series with the 50mm).
    I got the zoom lens and I'm planning to rehouse the nFD 14 &135, but wanted to get some of the middle range ones done too, and am trying to guess if the NFD L series or SSC aspherical ones are the more apt matches.

    Is this a test anyone has already done perchance?
    Last edited by Nathaniel Scott; 09-01-2020 at 06:49 AM.


    Ragnarok Productions
    Nathan@RagnarokProductions.com

    Red Epic Dragon 6K
    Sony FS700R

    Sigma Cine Primes & Art Zooms (EF)
    Tokina 28-70mm f2.6
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #159  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Do coatings change over time even within one generation?

    I tried an nFD lens with a 1990 serial number and compared with one with a 1984 serial number it feels more clinical and boring, seems to flare much less. But could be something else.
    Last edited by Matt W.; 09-07-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Scott View Post
    I searched here and Google and the canon online museum site, but am coming up empty.
    My question is- where does the 25-120 K35 zoom fit in the history of k35 lenses?
    Also, how does it look with/cut with the primes?
    I gather between the first and second generation of k35's there was a shift from the parent FD lens on the 24, 55, 85 (swapping in the L series with the 50mm).
    I got the zoom lens and I'm planning to rehouse the nFD 14 &135, but wanted to get some of the middle range ones done too, and am trying to guess if the NFD L series or SSC aspherical ones are the more apt matches.

    Is this a test anyone has already done perchance?
    The K35 zooms are really cool. Got a built in macro thing so you can shift between extreme close focus and normal focus range. But the onse I used, 3 different ones comes with more character than crisp focus to put it mildly. Much more so than the primes. And on the wide end they hardly cover s35 think they where built to vinjette just outside of the academy format and even there they got a pretty drastic edge softness etc.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts