Thread: New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    So that's twice you have refused directly the question I put to you.

A really simple question.

Being cryptic and talking in circles isn't debate.
    There is not going to be a debate.

Pointless and avoidable through consideration why Canon, Sony and Panasonic cameras cost as much.
    And can supply the product soon after its introduction. Without the need to buy two.

If that needs debating, the vital part for understanding is missing, which makes the debate senseless.

Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    There is not going to be a debate.
    Ohhhh...because you don't want to have one...

Then your opinion is not credible. And it's at best then, opinion.

You allude to a manufacturing capacity or lack thereof and then refuse to clarify if that's what you mean.

Being discussed here is manufacturing capability and reliability. You're just throwing shade without engaging in discussion about your claims, perpetuating an alternative reality without meaningfully standing behind what you claim.

The act of a coward...not unlike those you yourself accuse of...infatuation ?

JB
    John Brawley
    Cinematographer
    London UK
    www.johnbrawley.com

Gentleman. Keep is civil.

Opinions are formed from localized experience and have been expressed, debating isn't necessary going to lead to anything good in this case.

Make the points, but let's not turn this into a bout.

There's a broad spectrum of cameras out there. I'm a realist, I know both sides of this "debate", deeply understand the sentiments here. But it's a hole not worth going down IMO.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    Ohhhh...because you don't want to have one...

Then your opinion is not credible. And it's at best then, opinion.

You allude to a manufacturing capacity or lack thereof and then refuse to clarify if that's what you mean.

Being discussed here is manufacturing capability and reliability. You're just throwing shade without engaging in discussion about your claims, perpetuating an alternative reality without meaningfully standing behind what you claim.

The act of a coward...not unlike those you yourself accuse of...infatuation ?

JB

I see you are passionate with fishing for reaction.
    Perhaps the 4th attempt brings more success.

Character assasination attempt and strawman holding hands on the fantasy road are cute.
    Needs more negative fill to accentuate the contrast.
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    Jung/ Carol

Quote Originally Posted by paul ross jones View Post
    But at this super cheap price and are getting pretty reliable, having a second body on the ready is a no brainer. You can also do a two camera setup.

Paul
    ...and maybe having the second body on a back version of the Firmware is something to think about also.
    Last edited by Todd S; 08-13-2019 at 06:25 AM.
    S-W #6350 "Moonshot"

I see you are passionate with fishing for reaction.
    Come now, Hrvoje... what are we to call your rambling dismissive posts then?

Everyone is free to their opinion. Just dress it up as such and don't make universal claims of "truth" that are simply just that: opinions.

It's a less simple polycarbonate which is plastic, reinforced by carbon fibre marketing bits.

So it's not plastic but it's plastic.

No it isn't.

Tunnel vision enchanted by Black Magic.

Of course it's out of stock when the product is put on market before it's ready while its pricing is low balled to destroy the competition and hijack the demand.

Yes quality and quantity are often in reverse-proportional relation.

Especially when you don't own a factory but aim to under cut those who do.

A lot of clueless people are unaware of the bias so subdued by it, project according to it.
    We have freedom of choice in many parts of the world these days, when you think this camera is not for you, don't buy it.

For all the others, wait for independent reviews by reviewers you trust, maybe rent it first and then make up your mind if this camera serves your needs and is worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    Come now, Hrvoje... what are we to call your rambling dismissive posts then?
    Your projection.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    Everyone is free to their opinion. Just dress it up as such and don't make universal claims of "truth" that are simply just that: opinions.
    I see you also completely missed the point of the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    We have freedom of choice in many parts of the world these days, when you think this camera is not for you, don't buy it.

For all the others, wait for independent reviews by reviewers you trust, maybe rent it first and then make up your mind if this camera serves your needs and is worth buying.
    Read back again what you quoted and find a valorizarition of the camera or anything related to "freedom of choice" which neccessitates this comment. You can also help Andree find anything limiting "freedom of opinions" or dismissing the creative tool.

After we learn to make distinctions between what was actually said and assumed it was, and avoid jumping to conclusions and projections every time some criticism appears, the discussion can continue without happy pink unicorns, infantile sensitivity or neurotic animosity.

Regarding the reviewers, if critical input is unwelcome here and preferred only after pressing "play" coming from a preferred source, there is an ignore option for cultivating the dissociation.

imdb

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    Jung/ Carol

Your projection.
    You are projecting here.

I see you also completely missed the point of the comments.
    I can't help but feel you are missing the point of the comments. Completely.

I haven't been using this camera, but looking at the BRAW samples so far, it's pretty safe to say that it beats camera's like the MYSTERIUM-X on all points and many others on many points(resolution, codec, TCO, weight, sizes,...).
    The point of the question is obvious: you haven't actually used this camera so there is no practical basis to support statements like this that are solely based on the specs on a camera that was just announced. Yes, or no? No need to make it personal. You don't agree with what I said, attack that instead (others did as much without calling me names, see Paul Jones #91 and John Brawley #93).

I don't use BM cameras because I know of too many situations where the cameras have failed/not worked properly on people. I would rather avoid having that kind of personal experience if I can avoid it. Also, I would like for BM to address these issues because it would actually benefit their products/users. Just my opinion.

+1
    Last edited by Carlos Garcia-Diaz; 08-13-2019 at 12:13 PM.