BMPCC 6k Low Light Street Testing
    Blackmagic RAW 6k 50p 5:1
    ISO : 1250-25600
    Shutter Angle : 180
    Lenses :
    Sigma Art 18-35 F1.8
    Tokina 11-16 F2.8

One of the most viewed pocket videos:

2019 Cinema Camera Test Results - Pocket 6K / Arri Alexa Mini / URSA Mini Pro / Red Raven

By Tom Antos

Which camera performs the best? Find out in the 2019 cinema camera shootout with Blackmagic Pocket 6K camera, Arri Alexa Mini, Red Raven & URSA Mini Pro. More INFO below

Download RAW files from the Pocket 6K here:

https://tomantosfilms.com/19236/pock...-camera-tests/

I believe he used the wrong IPP2 settings to transform the Red Raven image properly. He used IPP2 Profile and REDgamma4
    Last edited by rand thompson; 08-22-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Langer View Post
    Not surprising, given the competition hitting the market. I think it will be a hit with the diehard BMPCC enthusiasts, but I wouldn't place any bets on it going big beyond that.
    Interesting prediction, because I feel like the camera has appealed more to people outside the Blackmagic fans. Most Blackmagic shooters prefer the speedboosted 4K sensor, but a lot of tech interested people like the idea that they can now affordably shoot 6K video. The EF mount and more appealing sensor size help with that too. Blackmagic RAW made the camera significantly more attractive, compared to the 4K which released with only DNG (although technically braw was promised).

This camera is an amazing value on specs but absolute turd ergonomically. It's still beyond me how they get it so wrong..... Even RED came to their senses with Komodo and finally made a small cube camera head with recording. That's really all anyone needs so they can configure it the way that fits their style...and BM has the micro to study/develop, improve...absolutely astounding...
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

6. #276 Pocket 6K Cameras In Stock 
    REDuser Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Miller View Post
    Blackmagic RAW made the camera significantly more attractive, compared to the 4K which released with only DNG (although technically braw was promised).
    Both the 4K and 6K are shipping with BRAW now. DNG was dropped not long after release of the 4K.

I'm pretty sure they've sold more 6K pocket cameras than RED have sold in total since they opened their doors. This camera hits a different market than the "new elites" that live on these boards. We're not the target market.

JB
    John Brawley
    Cinematographer
    London UK
    www.johnbrawley.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    This camera is an amazing value on specs but absolute turd ergonomically. It's still beyond me how they get it so wrong..... Even RED came to their senses with Komodo and finally made a small cube camera head with recording. That's really all anyone needs so they can configure it the way that fits their style...and BM has the micro to study/develop, improve...absolutely astounding...
    Blackmagic camera is not bad as an all-in one camera with no rigging. They should have used a bigger battery like Sony NPF which gets closer to 2-3 hours, vs. the <40 mins with the internal one. It's a compromise. If it was a cube with a screen that attached on the top and swiveled, you'd still see people complaining.

BMPCC 6K Footage – A Piece of Iceland in Austria

By cinema5D

Read full camera review: https://www.cinema5d.com/bmpcc-6k-rev...

Buy in US: http://c5d.at/p6y - Buy in EU: http://c5d.at/p72

The new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K has already to ship (although it's not so clear in what quantities), but based on the excitement and interest in this camera, it was important for us to put it through its paces as quickly as possible. In our previous article and video I've already highlighted the similarity and differences between the new camera and its sibling, the BMPCC 4K, and now it was about time to go out and create some nice images with it

Under the ideal studio conditions with proper lighting and manageable contrast ratios it is almost impossible to make any camera look bad. Personally, when s..t hits the fan, that is when you can really see the difference. But that is not what I really wanted to point out.
    What struck me the most is the moire test. All cameras exhibited severe moire issues, except one- Alexa. And that is understandable. Unless anything changed, BM cameras do not have OLPF of any kind, other than some aftermarket solutions, so moire is expected. But there were also the same moire issues with Raven camera as well, which is quite surprising. It would be a good idea, if OP of the camera test published some small snippets of the camera material, so everyone could form a better informed decision. To me Red camera images definitely looked strange.
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel