Thread: Jinnimag discussion

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Jinnimag discussion 
    Ok, the first Jinnimag thread was removed entirely and the second was closed (why Phil?).
    Is there no place left to continue the discussion? Was the discussion breaking any rules?
    Certainly there will be a continuing development on this topic and it would be great to have an open discussion.
    Jeff McCoy
    1st AC & drone pilot
    2x Monstros, Alexa LF, MotoCrane, Leica Summilux-C set, Angénieux & Fujinon zooms, Prestons, Teradek Bolt kits, Sony OLED monitors, O’Connor heads, drones, 4x4 sprinter vans & lots more.
    Web: www.industrialdigital.tv
    Instagram: @Industrial_Digital

My opinion;

Ever hear of beating a dead horse?
    While the discussion was not breaking any rules, it was certainly not contributing any fresh insights or information.

What was left unsaid?
    When a continuing development comes to light, perhaps that is the proper time to continue the conversation.
    Until then, our time is better spent on other pursuits.
    Again, only my opinion.

Cheers

Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post
    My opinion;

When a continuing development comes to light, perhaps that is the proper time to continue the conversation.

Cheers
    Part three of the video series is due soon.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

I didn't close the last one of it that's a hint, but feel free to discuss away. Don't link it here though.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

No.

It’s released.

Do we know how many episodes we are expecting? Have to give it to him an A for effort if he is going trough the history of red in this pace as this ep3 was covering only 2005-2006 stuff plus touch screen tech.Then I guess its going to take quite some number of episodes to get to DSMC3.

Interesting to see if we get any third party screens after this. light intensity was not the best with the dsmc3 screens and the ultra bright with hinge not being out yet and we are close to Dsmc3. The price and short time span for possible new iterations does make me hold on the trigger for that one. So yes if someone can point me at a 20usd validated substitute screen screen element for the 7” that has more punch that would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Do we know how many episodes we are expecting? Have to give it to him an A for effort if he is going trough the history of red in this pace as this ep3 was covering only 2005-2006 stuff plus touch screen tech.Then I guess its going to take quite some number of episodes to get to DSMC3.

Interesting to see if we get any third party screens after this. light intensity was not the best with the dsmc3 screens and the ultra bright with hinge not being out yet and we are close to Dsmc3. The price and short time span for possible new iterations does make me hold on the trigger for that one. So yes if someone can point me at a 20usd validated substitute screen screen element for the 7” that has more punch that would be fantastic.
    That part was peanuts, the patent thing was way more interesting.

And when you want to know why Jeffrey Epstein isn't among the living anymore, let the Jinni guy do the investigation.

Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Yes the patent stuff looks bad for red.

The 50 dollar Red. Touch. Internals parts cost breakdown is crazy. I was expecting low cost parts but that was looooooowwwwww cost parts.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

Man, hes videos are getting silly now. I had to speed watch this one (2x).

I'm curious in knowing whats inside my things, but have no desire in opening my camera or its aks to know (too expensive and no time). So its nice to see that. On the value thing, BOM costs are just one metric of the full price. There's way more things involved into it.

Now the patent thing is sooooo silly. I mean, I guess he never read anyone else's patents. As far as I know patents in the US are usually written by attorneys, who have specialized in it. You can fill one yourself but chances are that its going to be rejected because it wont be written in the way they accept.
    Is he basically saying that Red can't patent its camera because they showed the specs/used the camera before? I'm not a lawyer but I think the law he shows is to protect other people (the first inventors) who have described/created the same method. Not the inventors themselves. I mean, it would be silly if I invented a teleportation watch, sold a few units a could not patent because I forgot to send it before one year?
    I would assume the guys also not a lawyer and is just trying to direct his narrative and force his views on the laws he finds online. Laws are complicated, that's why there are attorneys and judges and instances and all. They often don't agree with each other so lets leave it with them. Also, does he ends up reading his own lawsuit against Red? Like, as a fact? Did it even won in court?

If you are reading this (Bruce), you seem like a smart guy why not use your time, energy and brain to create new products for us filmmakers. You are just starting to sound like a spoiled kid that didn't get the present it wanted and now is doing a "mise en scène".