Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 366 of 371 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 3709
    Cool to see you going with external antennas, big question, are they SMA or RP-SMA?

WELL DONE!

Can't wait to add a couple to our 'toy box'. Great to see the journey and so pleased how this camera has evolved. What is also exiting is how it seems to have been developed with GDU gear to support and enhance the usability. Can't wait to pre-order and finding out how Hydrogen peeps get involved - we have 2 TI's.
    Steve Leavesley
    CEO
    Beyond Content
    RED Epic W 8K - 'El Padrino'
    RED Gemini 5K - 'El Nino de la Noche'
    RED Hydrogen One TI - 'El Hijo' & 'one in a box'
    RED Hydrogen One AI x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post

Are those two fans?

Kudos to the Red team. Looking forward to work with Komodo, my Sony A7 replacement.

Pat

Intriguing!

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Parkin View Post
    Cool to see you going with external antennas, big question, are they SMA or RP-SMA?
    Yeah Wireless is a pretty important part of Komodo... and the flush little internal antenna we had just wasn't cutting it. The SMA connector lets you put longer ones if needed as well. We tucked it in the side so its a bit protected. Was a bit of a pain in the ass to change that side panel to accommodate but there is nothing I hate more than those stupid right angle antennas that just always seem floppy and always stick out to far and always get broken off.

Anyways the range increase is significant. Our Engineers put the range increase to 300 feet. But they literally test in a perfect field in the middle of nowhere away from any other RF signals and no metal and no walls and no animals or people in the way and I am pretty sure they even cut the grass a little shorter on testing day to get that 300ft.

I've been testing this all week in my office ( a sound stage ) which is an absolute warzone... worst possible environment ever for wireless and I am getting anywhere between 80-100feet with this short little stubby antenna. That is direct connection to a phone, Using a router will (obviously) dramatically improve things.

That range sounds ideal in that you won't have to land your drone, bother your gimbal operator or get out of your chair to change settings. I think a stable connection will be more important than range in real world usage, there's nothing worse than having to wait for a connection.

Really enjoying the ride along during the process here. Looking forward to the release!

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    Sweet :) will the cable that goes from the adapter to the camera be a bit longer for those of us over 6ft tall? On the DSMC cameras, when I bring the cam eye-level, I need a little apple box for my adapter so it doesn't dangle :p
    I currently use this for my AC adapter: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...g_for_is3.html

Just clip it to the tripod and I don't have to worry about the cable length as I need to extend my legs.
    Epic-X Dragon #8014

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    And that’s a Lock.

This morning I just approved the last mechanical update to Komodo and it was an important one.

Time to start up the machines, kick-off tooling and start narrowing in on a date. Lots to still do.. but this was an important week for Komodo.

Early next week we will be releasing mechanical drawings and 3D models to our approved 3rd party partners so everyone can start making their own bits and pieces and be ready when we are.

That looks pretty nice. Thanks for the update :)

I really hope there's a way for the camera to work with Cooke i/technology (via an adapter) or SIMILAR technology. (I already have a shot in mind for a project that will require adding CGI and I know the 3D vendor would thank me if I can give him that kind of lense data)

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on this little beast.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

10. #3660 Extensibility 
    Curious about where we are in the development timeline for the EXT port and whatever it enables. I realize that getting the hardware locked down (kind of like locking picture) is essential to getting the product finished - congrats. Graeme's work is ongoing, we all want him to have the time he needs. The engineers will keep optimizing in the meantime, so win-win.

What would be helpful to me, and perhaps a few other RedUsers, is more info on the EXT port. There are a myriad of interesting potential applications for the Komodo that become real if the EXT port can handle the tasks involved...

Cheers - #19