Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 353 of 371 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur AJ Cooks View Post
    Next May... as in this May, or May 2021???
    THIS May. 2020. Two thousand twenty.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Ok, good. Based on the Stormtrooper reveal 11/15/19 I've been hoping for March. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    From what I understand about post-stabilisation, if a frame is blurred, there is little you can do about it. Especially if multiple objects are going in different directions.
    Not all true but somewhat true. If the camera rotation is known and the blur was caused by rotation around the nodal point there is ways to "smear the image back to a certain extend. GoPro 360 use such code for their dome rendering app for example.

Same with rolling shutter, if the camera motion is known its possible to revert the rolling shutter issues introduced by the camera motion. Steady XP and go pro use this kind of tricky on a pixel row basis. Works with steady XP also for red camera with quite great results, improvements.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Has there been any discussion on the crop factor as far as lens focal lengths go on the Komodo? Since its supposedly a Super 35 sensor - does that definitely indicate a 1.5X crop factor? Forgive me if this has been already discussed or mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Shacochis View Post
    Has there been any discussion on the crop factor as far as lens focal lengths go on the Komodo? Since its supposedly a Super 35 sensor - does that definitely indicate a 1.5X crop factor? Forgive me if this has been already discussed or mentioned.
    I believe there was some discussion a few hundred pages back. ~1.3x crop factor. And Phil has added Komodo to his site: http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...&focalLengths=

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    I believe there was some discussion a few hundred pages back. ~1.3x crop factor. And Phil has added Komodo to his site: http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...&focalLengths=
    In the discussion you're refering to, I'm pretty sure we settled on around 1.41x crop. So between that and 1.3 seems legit. (and I trust Phil)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Not all true but somewhat true. If the camera rotation is known and the blur was caused by rotation around the nodal point there is ways to "smear the image back to a certain extend. GoPro 360 use such code for their dome rendering app for example.

Same with rolling shutter, if the camera motion is known its possible to revert the rolling shutter issues introduced by the camera motion. Steady XP and go pro use this kind of tricky on a pixel row basis. Works with steady XP also for red camera with quite great results, improvements.
    What you can’t correct are temporal events within a rolling frame scan that aren’t recorded at all because the pixels are not being read when they occur. Flash banding for example. Or the beat of a bird’s wings.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    What you can’t correct are temporal events within a rolling frame scan that aren’t recorded at all because the pixels are not being read when they occur. Flash banding for example. Or the beat of a bird’s wings.
    Correct and non of those are camera movements around the nodal point.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Where in the current hierarchy of DSMC2 cameras are we anticipating Komodo will fall as it relates to image quality? (e.g., between Raven and Dragon-X, between Dragon-X and Gemini, etc.)