Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 352 of 371 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    Any closer on final pricing, drop date and volume in which Komodo will come. 10, 50 1000’s units?
    This ^ ?

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    This handheld wobble issue has nothing to do with shutter. .
    actually..the "issue" absolutely 110% does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    actually..the "issue" absolutely 110% does.
    We are not talking about the same properties. :)

Camera wobble, not image distortion. Two hands, two X/Y/Z axis for movement without body anchor points, unlike shoulder mount/face contact and hand on the lens. Lighter camera, reduced inertia keeping it steady.
    Shutter determines readout, distortion and motion aesthetic, doesn't compensate the camera movement. I'm talking about camera movement type. If you had those grips as a cradle for a mini gyro head for Komodo that might compensate. The point is keeping the axis of rotation centered to lens axis, all around and you get unnatural shake look because the pan/tilt is based on two points, or you have to shoot in a clinch with wrists locked to stabilize the camera.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    We are not talking about the same properties. :)

Camera wobble, not image distortion. Two hands, two X/Y/Z axis for movement without body anchor points, unlike shoulder mount/face contact and hand on the lens. Lighter camera, reduced inertia keeping it steady.
    Shutter determines readout, doesn't compensate the camera movement. If you had those grips as a cradle for a mini gyro head for Komodo that might.
    you specifically said ISSUE with handheld wobble.. which is why I highlighted it. And the only issue with handheld wobble ( when you don't want it ) is correcting it, and when you go to correct it shutter is exactly what the issue is. If shutter wasn't an issue.. then you could just shake the camera like a mad man within a correctable frame and just correct it afterwards with no downside.

But I get it .. you are talking pure mechanics. and I do agree with you, putting aside the fact that some of the biggest DP's ( and directors ) quite specifically would completely disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    But I get it .. you are talking pure mechanics. and I do agree with you, putting aside the fact that some of the biggest DP's ( and directors ) quite specifically would completely disagree with you.
    That's great, now you have different inputs to consider, three people so far in the context I am talking about, which comes from tons of handheld with larger and compact run n' gun cams without set and post pampering.

Also, that's a shooting style preference, nothing to do with camera shake.
    You can see on your pic that Don Burgess intuitively grabs the Komodo setup with the right hand by the main body to give it center axis for stability.

I'd consider adding the option of bottom handgrip under the camera, it will expand that run n' gun usage significantly and you get the central axis for more natural looking camera shake. You don't loose anything while having a lot to gain. Now you have an ultra compact light cam to explore different routes which could not be used before.
    /Nudge nudge, bug bug, smile/

Also....I have an idea.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Will Komodo have a switchable olpf?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Thought I drop this here as Jarred tossed this one up on his Instagram.

Don Burgess on the set of Christmas Chronicles with Komodo.

Posting this here for two main reasons. Shows new "shorty" Cowboy Handles, good for a few finger and under ball grip. With what we know so far about Komodo and Global Shutter, handles like this are going to be pretty welcomed fun run and gun.

And also to note, my lens adapter advice certainly is going to good use.
    Loving those new handles. Im sure they will be in big demand. I guess Ill have to sell my old pair and upgrade... he he he.
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    From what I understand about post-stabilisation, if a frame is blurred, there is little you can do about it. Especially if multiple objects are going in different directions.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

I've been told the camera is due to come out next May.
    Any official word about that ? :D
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    I've been told the camera is due to come out next May.
    Any official word about that ? :D
    Next May... as in this May, or May 2021???