Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 347 of 371 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by bart cortright View Post
    Does anyone know if the Core SWX Canon batteries with d-tap would work? I use them on my c300 to power various accessories.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tery_with.html
    Doubt it. Pretty sure BP-9 has been confirmed so those have the wrong connectors and voltage. Do you have a C300 or a C300 II?

Which route is everyone thinking for wireless video transmission for these Komdo beauts?
    I can't see any D-Tap, USB or lemo outs to power the transmitters so just wanted to know what options are on the table.
    Vaxis?
    Paralinx?
    Teredek?
    HollyLand?
    Others???
    I still have my Paralinx Arrow + kit and was hoping to dust it off and use that until I heard no HDMI was available.
    Phil J W Moreton - Cinematographer - London

Red Epic-W
    Red Epic-W
    Arri Alura 18-80mm, Xenon FFs, Leica R PL, RT Motion +++

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Moreton View Post
    Which route is everyone thinking for wireless video transmission for these Komdo beauts?
    I can't see any D-Tap, USB or lemo outs to power the transmitters so just wanted to know what options are on the table.
    Vaxis?
    Paralinx?
    Teredek?
    HollyLand?
    Others???
    I still have my Paralinx Arrow + kit and was hoping to dust it off and use that until I heard no HDMI was available.
    there are 3rd Party Batteries which have D-Tap connectors u may use them and there is a SDI Adaptor for the arrow...i think i still have one if you r interested.
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

I'd be very surprised if this camera has been designed without additional accessoires in mind such as monitors, wireless follow focus and transmitters and means to power them. Perhaps we'll be able to get power from that EXT port or ideally from those top pins with the mentioned cradle or third party top plates via Lemo connectors. I sincerely hate Dtap and pray every night it is erased from history.

Also a lot of accessories are 12V anyways so getting power from the 7.4V canon batteries would be of no help. If those top pins are next generation type thing, then it'd make sense to expect them to distribute power (5V for mentioned phone connector, 12V and perhaps 7.4V pass through).

Vaxis?
    Paralinx?
    Teredek?
    HollyLand?
    Others???
    i am planning to use teradek. without d-tap, i am considering powering it via LP-E6 and run video via SDI out on the monitor (not sure which monitor yet). you could look at similar solutions for monitors with hdmi out. here is a link to the teradek power adaptor.

Link: https://teradek.com/products/bolt-tx...=8327273021485

i am still excited to see the d-tap solutions though. i hope someone creates a BP-9 w/ D-tap sooner than later :)

** edit: updated the link, had the ace500 power adaptor on by mistake.
    portfolio: www.koromp.com

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bart cortright View Post
    Does anyone know if the Core SWX Canon batteries with d-tap would work? I use them on my c300 to power various accessories.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tery_with.html
    No wrong voltage. You guys need to be realistic trying to run a camera AND accessories off of these type of batteries. Remember lower voltage means higher amps for a given wattage so if you are trying to run your 12v accessories like lens motors off them you are going over the amp capacity very quickly.

Vaxis?
    Paralinx?
    Teredek?
    HollyLand?
    Others???

If only the SmallHD FOCUS Bolt 500 TX had an SDI option, it would be the best solution for this. It's an all-in-one monitor, wireless, and power solution that keeps the camera build to a bare minimum...which I believe is the entire point of Komodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Puckett View Post
    If only the SmallHD FOCUS Bolt 500 TX had an SDI option, it would be the best solution for this. It's an all-in-one monitor, wireless, and power solution that keeps the camera build to a bare minimum...which I believe is the entire point of Komodo.
    All things Bolt eats quite a bit of power. So I think nice solution if you hang a V-lock behind the camera.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Seems like the whole idea of Komodo is to give us the lightest, most compact camera setup we can get that has the RED IQ goodies (plus global shutter!). The use of the Canon style batteries seems to achieve that.

For those that want extreme long record times, I'm having a hard time imagining the scenario (other than remote cams) where simply hot-swapping a battery on the fly in a matter of a few seconds wouldn't work.

For those situations where we make it into an A cam with lots of attachments (I'm sure I will do that sometimes) a pretty simple baseplate or cage should be able to accommodate any battery setup you want.

If you are still trying to keep ultra light, ultra compact for handheld work with transmitters, it should be fairly simple to have a beltpack battery/transmitter combo with a power/SDI snake to the camera.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

This thread is so long that if we try to read it, by the time we're done we'll be on Marvel phase 12.
    William Howell
    Senior Creative and Multimedia Producer
    Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
    www.ihmc.us
    https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/articl...ics-walk-again