Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 346 of 371 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbridges View Post
    Will there be a v mount option to use the new GDU batteries?
    From 3rd party companies.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbridges View Post
    Will there be a v mount option to use the new GDU batteries?
    Hopefully someone will make a plate with a transformer to reduce the V-mount voltage to 7.4 (so it does not need to use the aux power input) plus a d-tap for accs and a usb.

Talking of power, I'm still curious whether the phone cradle will provide power, or if we have to rely on the phone's battery when using it as a monitor. Hopefully it will charge as well, or at least have a power input, otherwise at least 2 phones will be needed so one can charge while the other is being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    One thing I've been thinking about: will the autofocus be at all programmable? Like, will we be able to lock focus on a face? If not, what would the software/hardware requirements be to achieve such a feature? If the autofocus is just randomly selecting something in front of the camera, we might have a hard time using it if it starts jumping between back and foreground elements. So if there's any form of programmability built into it, that would be preferable. Especially if we could have some kind of face detection like on the Canon or Sony, even more preferable, eye detection. I have a hard time seeing the use of an autofocus system if it's not reliable enough to be trusted during a shoot. It would be sad if the feature only works for very specific shots and nothing else and we all just fall back on traditional focusing methods. I would also like to see some kind of interaction between the camera autofocus and external gearhead motor. Just imagine using autofocus with real cine lenses.
    There are many ways to skin that cat ~ Whether those eventually become more common place remains to be seen.

Nice that KOMODO seems to be a solid platform in of itself but seems also kinda experimental in a GOOD way / low risk to try a lot of new stuff out or develop new "Craft", technique and various new methods and ways of doing things. [Bit like the original REDONE.]

It's all possible , whether mainstream "Peeps" adopt newer methodologies might take some time (as always).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    "... Hopefully it will charge as well, or at least have a power input..."
    I rely heavily on both the D-taps available on my V-mount batteries and the RED I/O expander for all kinds of accessories (wireless video, focus motors, etc...). Hopefully someone will make a battery plate with one or more D-taps and a USB.
    Matt Fleming - VFX, Matchmoving, & CGI

IMDB credits

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fleming View Post
    I rely heavily on both the D-taps available on my V-mount batteries and the RED I/O expander for all kinds of accessories (wireless video, focus motors, etc...). Hopefully someone will make a battery plate with one or more D-taps and a USB.
    Yeah, I'm sure someone will. Meanwhile, the Swit S-8845 (generic Canon BP-9) batteries do have an aux output, but you'd have to check if your gear can run on 7.2V. They also output 4A max, so it will depend on the Komodo's power requirements. I guess one could also make a cable that plugs into the aux output of both batteries on the back of the Komodo and combines them in series to output 14.4V, and halve the draw on each battery.

Edit: realised that this is a terrible idea, so came back to note that before someone tries it.
    Last edited by Robert Hofmeyr; 01-25-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    ah yes your probably right... my bad.
    Yeah LOL Karim and I went on a Z6 downsampling tangent for a minute there.

Here are a couple of gear add-on's to your Komodo camera support list.

JibONE (US$999.00 MSRP) by edelkrone (payload: 11lbs recommended)

https://edelkrone.com/products/jibone

and

HEADPLUS
    Motorized Pan & Tilt Head with optional Focus Add-on. Includes smart object tracking with auto focusing + wireless connectivity with edelkrone motorized Sliders and Dollies. (US$1799.00 MSRP) (payload: 10lbs recommended)

https://edelkrone.com/products/headplus

They are not cheap but if you are a one man show and prefer the convenience, these might be for you.

Sorry for this ignorant question-- can you adapt Sony E-mount lenses to use on a Canon RF mount?
    Red ONE #2634, 2635

Nope, you can't.

Does anyone know if the Core SWX Canon batteries with d-tap would work? I use them on my c300 to power various accessories.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tery_with.html
    Epic-W #772
    bartcortright.com