Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 345 of 371 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3709
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Squires View Post
    Wasn’t Lee referring to the Z6? So presumably by Nikon.
    ah yes your probably right... my bad.

Any hints on power draw / battery life Jarred? I’ve got some remote / solar shooting coming up and would much prefer a Komodo over other low-power-draw options.
    Trevor Meier :: Story & Image
    http://trevormeier.com/
    http://storyspark.ca/

GEMINI #09
    Epic-W, Raven, Epic Dragon
    Proud owner since Red One #182

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Global shutter read/reset is significantly slower than rolling shutter because ALL of the pixels are read and reset during the dark interval between frames rather than read/reset of one row at a time during exposure.
    Do any Red's scale raw output? I don't think so. They might scale video outputs, but usually the trade off for speed is cropping the sensor to a smaller format. Fewer pixels.
    Scaling and compression are two different things. Compression doesn't necessarily result in loss of resolution.
    I think you misinterpreted what I was discussing (no idea who said scaling and compression were the same)

I simply asked about how to get higher frame rates, without cropping the sensor

No, I do not believe any camera company downsamples RAW 'in Camera'. Yes obviously Red Cameras crops for highspeed, just wondering if there was another way

no sure what you are referring to with the discussion of scaling and compression and loss of resolution
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Meier View Post
    Any hints on power draw / battery life Jarred? I’ve got some remote / solar shooting coming up and would much prefer a Komodo over other low-power-draw options.
    It's still pretty fantastic. Every new build take a little more juice as they keep turning stuff on but its pretty impressive how long these little batteries last.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    It's still pretty fantastic. Every new build take a little more juice as they keep turning stuff on but its pretty impressive how long these little batteries last.
    Curious watt "fantastic" amp "impressive" mean in numbers (sorry!)

Pretty excited about Komodo, I love the size and form factor, few thoughts that I couldn't find the answer to over the last 345 pages:

See it has an audio mini jack. Can't see where you would mount a mic on the camera once monitor and handles are on, any chance of a hot shoe on the handle?
    Will the camera have auto levels for audio, please...
    Great shots of Komodo used in the snow, will it be "rain, dust, showerproof" at all?
    Will it record pro-res internally?
    Understand it uses 970G batteries, will 975 work, I have a box full of them!
    -----------
    Simon Beer
    Basecamp Films Ltd

I hope it can shoot 4 hours continuously without fan or shutdown due to overheating.
    I actually want to replace my Sony A7 3 shoots with this camera. There are to little options out there. Pocket is to big and clumsy.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    One thing I've been thinking about: will the autofocus be at all programmable? Like, will we be able to lock focus on a face? If not, what would the software/hardware requirements be to achieve such a feature? If the autofocus is just randomly selecting something in front of the camera, we might have a hard time using it if it starts jumping between back and foreground elements. So if there's any form of programmability built into it, that would be preferable. Especially if we could have some kind of face detection like on the Canon or Sony, even more preferable, eye detection. I have a hard time seeing the use of an autofocus system if it's not reliable enough to be trusted during a shoot. It would be sad if the feature only works for very specific shots and nothing else and we all just fall back on traditional focusing methods. I would also like to see some kind of interaction between the camera autofocus and external gearhead motor. Just imagine using autofocus with real cine lenses.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Will there be a v mount option to use the new GDU batteries?
    James Bridges
    Scarlet #651 "Maggie"
    www.typeamedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbridges View Post
    Will there be a v mount option to use the new GDU batteries?
    I'm sure there will be an abundance of V-Mount options when the camera hits the market.