Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 342 of 371 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3709
    So, somewhere out there is some footage of a car flipping with a Komodo on the roll bar...

Hey Jarred, since you mentioned the Monochrome sensors, any chance for that on a Komodo?
    If so, I call dibs! ;p
    No, seriously I'd love one.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    So, somewhere out there is some footage of a car flipping with a Komodo on the roll bar...

<snip> .
    Nahhhhh , 'cuz the batteries shook loose

That's a little "Spendy" to not have it in the can.

Twelve months from now,

Person: "Jarred these batteries are soooo hard to get in and out … they hurt my little fingers mehhhhhhhhh "

Jarred: "They're rated to 15 Gs…" (facepalm).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Well that was awesome. Well done.
    Jarred! He mentions 4K 120 pretty confidently. Can you confirm or deny? 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
    Mavick Media | www.mavickmedia.com | @MavickMedia
    Alberta Canada | Oslo Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fiorino View Post
    Jarred! He mentions 4K 120 pretty confidently. Can you confirm or deny? ������������
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1883096

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Anderson View Post
    are you saying that Red/Jarred can't achieve that?

...sound like a challenge!
    So far what Jarred has confirmed from his own storm trooper tests is 40fps@6K full sensor frame (1.9:1 aspect ratio). Other than that, crickets.

I'm hardly an authority, but to give some general information since there's been some confusion in recent pages kind of about compression, downsampling, framerates, etc:

Every sensor design has a "read/reset" time which is a hard limit on how fast a row of pixels can report their data and reset to be ready to record again. This timing is especially critical to achieving a global shutter. On higher end cameras that's is why, say, 6K 2.4:1 can sometimes achieve faster framerates than formats that are lower resolution overall but taller (ie 5.5K 1.896:1). Or why more compressed or downsampled images are unlikely to give you faster framerates. Now, on something with the data throughput of an $1800 DSLR or a $25 UHS-I SD card, data throughput can be your limiting factor for resolutions and framerates, sure ... but on Komodo I'd bet it's read/reset time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    I'm hardly an authority, but to give some general information since there's been some confusion in recent pages kind of about compression, downsampling, framerates, etc:

Every sensor design has a "read/reset" time which is a hard limit on how fast a row of pixels can report their data and reset to be ready to record again. This timing is especially critical to achieving a global shutter. On higher end cameras that's is why, say, 6K 2.4:1 can sometimes achieve faster framerates than formats that are lower resolution overall but taller (ie 5.5K 1.896:1). Or why more compressed or downsampled images are unlikely to give you faster framerates. Now, on something with the data throughput of an $1800 DSLR or a $25 UHS-I SD card, data throughput can be your limiting factor for resolutions and framerates, sure ... but on Komodo I'd bet it's read/reset time.
    there are compression ratios attached to all Red Cameras

IDK, it does have 4K HDSDI output...

are you thinking the read/reset can't be done at 180fps?

I wonder what pixel binning on RAW would be like?
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Anderson View Post
    there are compression ratios attached to all Red Cameras

IDK, it does have 4K HDSDI output...

are you thinking the read/reset can't be done at 180fps?

I wonder what pixel binning on RAW would be like?
    Global shutter read/reset is significantly slower than rolling shutter because ALL of the pixels are read and reset during the dark interval between frames rather than read/reset of one row at a time during exposure.
    Do any Red's scale raw output? I don't think so. They might scale video outputs, but usually the trade off for speed is cropping the sensor to a smaller format. Fewer pixels.
    Scaling and compression are two different things. Compression doesn't necessarily result in loss of resolution.

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Do any Red's scale raw output? I don't think so.
    No, and in fact the only manufacturer to try this stupid idea at one time was Canon. But thankfully I don't think they offer that as an option anymore. Some might disagree and that we should have the option, but really, it's for our own protection. Seriously, it's idiotic.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_Crespo View Post
    I think one thing you really can expect from me is doing fun stuff with that RF mount.

In conjunction with RF lenses? I thought the AF will need at least a couple of firmware upgrades to get to the point we want to have it...
    As for me, at least at the beginning until AF works properly I'll use my Zeiss Otus EF mount lenses with the V-ND filter...
    We are doing the AF work right now on EF lenses first , so that’s good for you except the part where you are using a manual EF lens :)