Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 341 of 371 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Mechanical. For the better.

It was the battery slot. The existing one was definitely good enough, but we found, for example, if you had Komodo hard mounted to the rollbar of a car and did a front dead stop hit at 60mph and the car flipped head over heals, that extreme upwards impact ( since the camera would at moment of impact be upside down ) it could cause the battery to undesirably disengage. So we fixed it.

We improved and reinforced the lock latch and also added reverse pressure retention springs to each battery bay to keep everything nice and tight.

Here is the new:

Take your time... to refine everything... can't wait but will!

2. #3402 Woah 
    Arri isn't dumb... they eventually respond and when they respond they do it very well, and probably even smarter they usually always just sit back and wait for the dust to settle after we blindly trailblaze haphazardly through the weeds pretending to know the future...
    In the corporate world that sort of honest statement is a rare beast indeed. While Arri somewhat emulates Apples approach to innovation the downside is you may have to wait many years to have access to those shiny new toys.
    Tom Gleeson

Heh heh you never know. I've heard " Arri would never " a lot over the years.

I remember when we released the Red One with that crazy monster EVF and Arri had the D-20 optical finder and it was " Arri only makes cameras with optical finders" Until they didn't and switched to EVF.

And when we released the Monochrome sensor it was " you can just desaturate the Alexa color image to get the same... " but you couldn't and a year later they made a monochrome sensor.

And when we released the Epic it was " Arri would never make a mini Alexa box like the Epic as that's not what real cinematographers want " until they did.

And when we made Fincher's camera with all the built in wireless " Arri would never do such a silly thing. " until they did.

And you know the whole Arri campaign " 2k is enough "..... until it wasn't .

Arri isn't dumb... they eventually respond and when they respond they do it very well, and probably even smarter they usually always just sit back and wait for the dust to settle after we blindly trailblaze haphazardly through the weeds pretending to know the future...
    Thank you Jarred for these kind of posts. Appreciate the transparency, the no bullshit, the acknowledgment of competitor's strengths and the humility to recognize that pretending to know the future means you're not always right... ARRI is indeed great at what they do, but I'm very glad there are rebels out there who keep pushing for more, who pretend to know where to push, which gives them the willingness and confidence to take the leap and go for it. The world would be a better place if most of us weren't so afraid of failing wouldn't it?...

I love the RF mount choice, that global shutter (hell yes !!), the lower power requirements / smaller batteries, PDAF (praying one day it'll be as good as Canon's), the tiny body, and the fact that there is no skull on it ha!

It was the battery slot. The existing one was definitely good enough, but we found, for example, if you had Komodo hard mounted to the rollbar of a car and did a front dead stop hit at 60mph and the car flipped head over heals, that extreme upwards impact ( since the camera would at moment of impact be upside down ) it could cause the battery to undesirably disengage. So we fixed it.

We improved and reinforced the lock latch and also added reverse pressure retention springs to each battery bay to keep everything nice and tight.

Here is the new:

I have to give some appreciation here. This attention to performance (even in the under $10k price range) is what separates RED from most (maybe all) of the camera companies out there.

This is perhaps the most intriguing camera I can think of in the last decade. A cinema camera that fully matches the new "mobile" tech reality we live in.

Hope RED continues to take the time they think is needed. I'm really rooting for Komodo.

Brian Timmons
    BRITIM/MEDIA

Heh heh you never know. I've heard " Arri would never " a lot over the years.

I remember when we released the Red One with that crazy monster EVF and Arri had the D-20 optical finder and it was " Arri only makes cameras with optical finders" Until they didn't and switched to EVF.

And when we released the Monochrome sensor it was " you can just desaturate the Alexa color image to get the same... " but you couldn't and a year later they made a monochrome sensor.

And when we released the Epic it was " Arri would never make a mini Alexa box like the Epic as that's not what real cinematographers want " until they did.

And when we made Fincher's camera with all the built in wireless " Arri would never do such a silly thing. " until they did.

And you know the whole Arri campaign " 2k is enough "..... until it wasn't .

This post I want to print out and hang on the wall. Kudos man, Kudos.

Here is the new:
    Thank you for taking the time to answer. Unbelievable that you made a change at this stage to accommodate such an extremely high-end edge case like that. You were not kidding when you said you were making a proper camera.

As much as I am impatient as everyone else, posts like these let me understand that you are not just marketing and teasing with all your instagram posts. You are actually testing, and letting us be part of it. Thank you.

Here is the new:

and that right there is what happens when you hang out with Michael Bay flipping cars with Komodo :)
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    and that right there is what happens when you hang out with Michael Bay flipping cars with Komodo :)
    Ha ha obvious guess.. but not this time :)

At this moment MFT ( https://www.lensadaptor.com/ ) is testing an adapter for Fujinon MK zoom lenses to be used with Lumix S cameras. Canon R has the same flange distance 20mm so i hope for an adapter to use Fujinon Mk's on RED Komodo... Killer combo....

Good points, but pricing segment is a different story. :)
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol