Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 340 of 371 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Correct... BUT 50fps @6KWS
    Yeah baby!

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Slightly off topic but kudos about the DXL by the way.
    It IS (to me) an ultra huge mega big deal to see that a company "as new as" RED made that camera for a company "as old* as" Panavision. What a testament to RED awesome team and knowledge.

*old is here used to mean it is an historical company.
    One DP has been quoted as saying that the DXL2 is the best thing that they have ever seen. Why am I not surprised? ;-)
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Think he said trying for 40? @ 6k, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Yeah baby!

I didn't know this either, that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    I think Jarred means the max framerate @6k is 48fps not 50fps and nobody knows the max framerate @ 4k yet.
    Thanks Rand, it was a bit of a fishing expedition hoping that Jerred would maybe divulge some more bits of info. but its lost it momentum now.
    If this thing does 4K at 120.. I might buy a few. I know that would sell a few also. Even if it was kind of a crazy compressing rate.
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post

Arri is not interested in that pricing segment and has no need to respond.
    Heh heh you never know. I've heard " Arri would never " a lot over the years.

I remember when we released the Red One with that crazy monster EVF and Arri had the D-20 optical finder and it was " Arri only makes cameras with optical finders" Until they didn't and switched to EVF.

And when we released the Monochrome sensor it was " you can just desaturate the Alexa color image to get the same... " but you couldn't and a year later they made a monochrome sensor.

And when we released the Epic it was " Arri would never make a mini Alexa box like the Epic as that's not what real cinematographers want " until they did.

And when we made Fincher's camera with all the built in wireless " Arri would never do such a silly thing. " until they did.

And you know the whole Arri campaign " 2k is enough "..... until it wasn't .

Arri isn't dumb... they eventually respond and when they respond they do it very well, and probably even smarter they usually always just sit back and wait for the dust to settle after we blindly trailblaze haphazardly through the weeds pretending to know the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fill View Post
    Thanks Rand, it was a bit of a fishing expedition hoping that Jerred would maybe divulge some more bits of info. but its lost it momentum now.
    If this thing does 4K at 120.. I might buy a few. I know that would sell a few also. Even if it was kind of a crazy compressing rate.

Russ,

You're welcome Russ, Hey, I'm sure Jarred has some surprises that we all don't even know about up his sleeves! Things that we probably didn't even know we even wanted but really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Ha ha they are already done.. but don't worry, there will be a ton of accessory options not just by RED and GDU but by a ton of 3rd parties. We are waiting on 3 mechanical changes to come out of the oven right now. I just saw the first one yesterday and it was perfect. Once I get the other 2 , which we should get the first week of February, if they are a lock we will immediately release the mechanical drawings of Komodo to all the registered 3rd parties so everyone can start making stuff.
    Thank you for the look behind the scenes. Can I ask what the change to Komodo was that you approved yesterday? Was it a spec change? For the better or for the worse?

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kitter View Post
    Thank you for the look behind the scenes. Can I ask what the change to Komodo was that you approved yesterday? Was it a spec change? For the better or for the worse?
    Mechanical. For the better.

It was the battery slot. The existing one was definitely good enough, but we found, for example, if you had Komodo hard mounted to the rollbar of a car and did a front dead stop hit at 60mph and the car flipped head over heals, that extreme upwards impact ( since the camera would at moment of impact be upside down ) it could cause the battery to undesirably disengage. So we fixed it.

We improved and reinforced the lock latch and also added reverse pressure retention springs to each battery bay to keep everything nice and tight.

Here is the new:

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    I've heard " Arri would never " a lot over the years.

I remember when we released the Red One with that crazy monster EVF and Arri had the D-20 optical finder and it was " Arri only makes cameras with optical finders" Until they didn't and switched to EVF.

And when we released the Monochrome sensor it was " you can just desaturate the Alexa color image to get the same... " but you couldn't and a year later they made a monochrome sensor.

And when we released the Epic it was " Arri would never make a mini Alexa box like the Epic as that's not what real cinematographers want " until they did.

And when we made Fincher's camera with all the built in wireless " Arri would never do such a silly thing. " until they did.

And you know the whole Arri campaign " 2k is enough "..... until it wasn't .
    I just love this company.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

Mechanical. For the better.

It was the battery slot. The existing one was definitely good enough, but we found, for example, if you had Komodo hard mounted to the rollbar of a car and did a front dead stop hit at 60mph and the car flipped head over heals, that extreme upwards impact ( since the camera would at moment of impact be upside down ) it could cause the battery to undesirably disengage. So we fixed it.

We improved and reinforced the lock latch and also added reverse pressure retention springs to each battery bay to keep everything nice and tight.

Here is the new:

Excellent. Can't wait to see the finished product.