Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 339 of 371 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    2+ years ago:

[URL="https://www.panavision.com/products/primo-x"]https://www.panavision.com/products/primo-x[/URL
    Those do look cool, bet they are Leica glass and look amazing

think the DXL2 can use those with Fool Control + Latitude/RT Motion? or do they work differently with a specific Panavision DXL2 controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Well... I started making a set of cinema lenses with motors in them about 6 or 7 years ago. And then the CEO of Panavision came by for a visit with the prototype new Primos.. And then abracadabra... the Panavision Primo Artiste with internal motors are released.
    What kind of considerations should you have as an AC or Operator?

Are the Lenses lighter compared to Lens + Rail + Motor + cable?

do the motors work more smoothly and consistently because they are designed specifically for that lens and are not just a generic motor that you adjust?

Is there calibration and set up time?

Does it draw a lot of power(like external lenses motors do)?

(probably too many questions)
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Jarosz View Post
    "I don't know, let's figure it out" is a red flag phrase on set, whereas it should be the basis of all operation.
    No one serious goes into filming stage of a larger production with "I don't know, let's figure it out", that's why projects are planned for months, and there are prep days and gear testing days before the shooting starts.

If you are referring to a problem solving attitude, that IS the basis, but not left for the shoot in the context of testing out inovations and adapting the workflow on the go. Too much at stake in case things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Jarosz View Post
    Anyway! Komodo! Will Arri respond?
    Arri is not interested in that pricing segment and has no need to respond.

It looks like Komodo with size and global shutter presents the potential for top class action/multipurpose camera. Car mounts, body mounts, extreme sports, EFX rigs, custom solutions, you name it. With a wide range of usages and cinema grade imagery. While most affordable and most compact Red camera ever. Smart thinking from Red.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Všth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

I know Komodo won’t be high speed compared to dsmc2. Wondering about cropped? Curious if it could do 4K 120fps. Boy if it could that would be a sweet spot ...

Jarred, have you had a chance to play with the Canon 28-70 f/2 on Komodo yet?

Quote Originally Posted by David Grauberger View Post
    I know Komodo won’t be high speed compared to dsmc2. Wondering about cropped? Curious if it could do 4K 120fps. Boy if it could that would be a sweet spot ...
    maybe they're working on downsampling from the full sensor to 4K?

so there's no crop from S35
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    And letís not forget ENG lenses. While the servos are technically housed outside in the lens grip, the grip is essentially permanently mounted in place and with regular service, the servos perform for years under extremely demanding and harsh conditions. My oldest, continuously used ENG lens is at least 15 years old and while itís serviced regularly(used to be yearly) itís only been in once for a servo specific problem.
    yeah Fujinon would be the top of my list for companies to make a set of prime cinema lenses with internal motors (RF Mount?)

In concern to ENG Lenses and what Phil mentioned, they've had Triax cable, robocams and lots of options to remote operate cameras and free up the operator to focus on framing and movement

I think like Jarred said, it's like a trojan horse and when lens manufacturer creates internal motor lenses and ties it into Latitude/RT Motion/Fool Control(or the whatever generic version tries to rip it off), I think your see some new lens that are badass
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    I think Jarred means the max framerate @6k is 48fps not 50fps and nobody knows the max framerate @ 4k yet.
    Think he said trying for 40? @ 6k, no?

Downsampling full sensor to 4K with higher frame rates would be wonderful! Let me keep my wide lenses! Crossing fingers on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Think he said trying for 40? @ 6k, no?
    Correct... BUT 50fps @6KWS
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by David Grauberger View Post
    Downsampling full sensor to 4K with higher frame rates would be wonderful! Let me keep my wide lenses! Crossing fingers on that one...
    As amazing as that would be, downsampling would take up more processing power than just writing the full 6k, if anything you’d get a lower frame rate. I’ll take the crop over aliasing from pixel binning any day.