Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 330 of 371 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Deshoux View Post
    The only question I'm asking myself right now: the camera should be available in a month or two, so why isn't there any footage yet? The camera has already been used…I imagine Red is waiting for the most advanced version of the camera…
    Jarred said he is waiting till Graeme Nattress is happy with the colour science.

Rolling shutter artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Jarred said he is waiting till Graeme Nattress is happy with the colour science.
    I am pretty sure that is not the only thing before we see Komodo
    NAB needs to happen and Let Them All Talk gotta be out,
    but I am just guessing :)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Heh. Corrected. Amazing. I need an editor. Replying to threads on my cell phone is not advised.
    It's OK my X-wife was a professional editor, always a brutal blood bath before a paper needed to be published.

Nowadays I relish my typos and bad sentence / paragraph structure lol *

You were shooting CES 2020 and Ivanka and AMD didn't scramble your brain ;-)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

* Written using my fingers on a fuddy duddy 'puter ~ A dying breed it seems.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Rolling shutter artifacts.
    That's a cool / fun render ~ good project.

It's funny on machining forums I'm brought in (sometimes) to resolve the "Machine is not rigid and tool bending moment has been exceeded " vs "No, that's a rolling shutter artifact " debate on a posted machining video ~ A lot of these machinists seem pretty knowledgeable about rolling shutter artifacts as they have to shoot from time to time big and small stuff that's spinning and moving pretty fast / high cutting rates. The Rolling shutter artifacts can make it look like stuff is dangerously bending and flexing more than it really is and sometimes the machine is being "abused" / dangerous cutting conditions.

There's a lot of industrial applications / industrial out reach / corporate videos where global shutter + RED workflow would be super practical / hassle free.

One of the most common style tests (early days of RED USER / group of folks ) is to shoot a tube train / metro / underground train side-on pulling into a station so you can measure directly the angular and temporal deviation of various vertical recorded features like the doors on the subway train slanting variously.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Dumb question:

Will KOMODO be able to handle flash and strobes ?

Does it shoot uncompressed RAW short bursts / stills ? Or am I smoking crack on that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    Dumb question:

Will KOMODO be able to handle flash and strobes ?

Does it shoot uncompressed RAW short bursts / stills ? Or am I smoking crack on that ?
    I would love to have some photography functionality in a camera that size, but not sure if its in their priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Francisco Calero View Post
    I would love to have some photography functionality in a camera that size, but not sure if it’s in their priority list.
    I'm just wondering if it might be an accidental byproduct or natural consequence of "Global shutter"... ?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

[extraneous blah blah / footnotes.].

Time willing I'll dig back through schematics for different types of sensors / processing schemes for more generic sensor design and 1st and 2nd stage processing boards- not that I have any real idea how RED does what it does lol ! (That's a little different.) - [Nice to leave something to the experts right ! :-) ]

For our work we have to shoot Medium Format 3d sequences for larger high res Key frames (sloooooowww frame rate) but having continuous motion like KOMODO synched in would be super useful. For certain "action sequences" having the ability to compose more complex synchronization schemes between different camera types would be pretty amazing especially with strobes/ pulsed illumination.

So for folks with Monstro VV's I could envision a possibility of master synchronization schemes between Monstro and a bunch of little satellite KOMODOs all strutting their funky stuff in proper time. (no flash or strobes for monstro though... and now that I think about maybe not for KOMODO either until we learn more etc. )

This forum has gotten very long with lots of excitement. But I am having trouble finding out how this camera (from what is publicly know) compares to the current Red line up.

How will this compare to the Red line up. With all this hype and excitement feels like it going to be a waste to buy any other RED or is there some major things lacking that makes up when buying 25k-60k DSMC2 camera that I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sutton-Hough View Post
    This forum has gotten very long with lots of excitement. But I am having trouble finding out how this camera (from what is publicly know) compares to the current Red line up.

How will this compare to the Red line up. With all this hype and excitement feels like it going to be a waste to buy any other RED or is there some major things lacking that makes up when buying 25k-60k DSMC2 camera that I am missing?
    ^^^ I think that's a really excellent question.

Personally (only personally) I don't really think this camera has been hyped that much, compared to other previous offerings KOMODO seems fairly understated by comparison.

Hypothetically / theoretically ; if you were the CEO of a specialized camera "Manufactory " and somehow a little low priced yet quite powerful and unique little "beasty" wandered into your product portfolio one might not be that super enthusiastic about it as it requires a LOT of work and resources for not very much profit margin per unit AND especially if the imagery and product design may not seem as sexy as the other high end offerings that one normally deals with.

~ There is definitely a need for KOMODO "Like" imagers/ camera blocks but kinda depends how much of a hassle that line will be to roll out and support and whether it has any capability to undercut other RED offerings ? (At least in the mind's eye of various buyers/ consumers.).

Many great products get axed / discontinued (in spite of their popularity and capability) [broad terms in tech/ industrial tech ], and sometimes their like only resurfaces after a considerable period of time. Full frame (stills) sensors being a good example, anyone remember the KODAK 14n (awesome camera and price point) and took a considerable number of years before $5K full frame DSLRs became a "Thing" again.