Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 317 of 371 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3709
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    This is where I'm coming from. There are lots of people trying to "hack" production, reducing the number of people necessary for a shoot, lowering the carrying burden of a huge amount of gear.

I've organized a setup where I only have one bag of lenses, one case with the camera; all batteries; ND filters; mattebox and a hand rig together with a third bag for the tripod. All in all, I can move, by myself an entire lineup of equipment for a basic tripod/handheld shoot. But I still feel bound by the lack of ability to carry even more. I want to be able to have a small gimbal and a motion control slider within this setup and even though a DSMC2 is small, it's in the end quite big.

So Komodo is the answer to all of that as an A cam. Because of its size, it doesn't require gear that can carry heavier loads or power needs and because of internal ND's I won't have a need for the mattebox and ND filters. I could fit all my gear in one case, maybe even my lenses; then another bag with the tripod and slider. If the autofocus is working good enough I might not even have to have my follow focus for some shoots. It becomes the ultimate setup for small productions without ditching image quality. Previously we've only been able to choose between high-end image quality or less complicated shoots, but with Komodo, it combines both into one.

This is why I look at Komodo as an A-cam, even if its initial intention never was. Bigger cameras are often on productions with enough budget to just rent those cameras, while the world of owner-operators with Reds and Alexas are shrinking due to the competition from Sony and Blackmagic. So having a reasonably priced, small, lightweight Red that enables lighter gimbals and sliders while still being 6K at close to the same DR as regular Reds, is in my opinion, not a "complimentary camera", it's a straight A-cam for people like me. And I think it will sell like ice-cream on a hot day for that reason alone.

O I get it man... I get it. We just wrapped here last night in Miami and I can't tell you how excited Rintoul was when he was packed up ready to leave with 7 camera bodies in one carry on.

I see that the Komodo will come in at least 2 colors...if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    O I get it man... I get it. We just wrapped here last night in Miami and I can't tell you how excited Rintoul was when he was packed up ready to leave with 7 camera bodies in one carry on.

Are you kidding me? That is absolutely insane. Where i'm currently at is I NEED to pick up another RED. A question I have is, how will one be able to run a dtap off this camera for follow focus, or wireless monitoring. Maybe it's been covered?

Jarred: Can those buttons on top be programmed to do Canon lens IRIS (at least) and FOCUS ?

It would really increase my ability to make a compact, relatively inexpensive underwater housing for Komodo.

I've been meaning to email you about possibly getting an early (maybe proto) Komodo to start work on the underwater housing. Not sure if you are aware, but I made the very first underwater housing for the REDONE in 2007 just a few days after Gibby got his Serial Number 8. Ken Corben did some shooting shortly after with either Jim or you (or both). It was a pretty minimalist version but IIRC it got the job done.

For those that might be interested, my preliminary calculations show that with the reduced height and even allowing for an internal monitor and an 8" dome port, it will be at least a third and possibly half the size of current DSMC/2 housings and fit easily into a carryon.

If made without space for an internal monitor (for remote use or with an external monitor) it could be extremely small.

PS: (forgot to mention, I was a first day Hydrogen order.)
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Jarred: Can those buttons on top be programmed to do Canon lens IRIS (at least) and FOCUS ? It would really increase my ability to make a compact, relatively inexpensive underwater housing for Komodo.

I've been meaning to email you about possibly getting an early (maybe proto) Komodo to start work on the underwater housing. Not sure if you are aware, but I made the very first underwater housing for the REDONE in 2007 just a few days after Gibby got his Serial Number 8. Ken Corben did some shooting shortly after with either Jim or you (or both). It was a pretty minimalist version but IIRC it got the job done.

For those that might be interested, my preliminary calculations show that with the reduced height and even allowing for an internal monitor and an 8" dome port, it will be at least a third and possibly half the size of current DSMC/2 housings and fit easily into a carryon. Without an internal monitor (for remote use or with an external monitor it could be extremely small.
    Give it to him.

THIS right here, this is WHY this camera is so exciting !
    Cinema Helium-ish (I hope) quality 6K cameras in such a tiny package it's just awesome.
    Coming from a cinema school where, at the time, we shot on film, it is AWESOME !
    (but that Bayhem Green is just... Not my jam XD)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

this is incredible, my body is ready!

https://youtu.be/2Gc5cuekQto?t=9

What Bag are you using Jarred? looks perfect for a Komodo + all accessories and a few lenses!
    Last edited by Colton John McLaughlin; 01-10-2020 at 09:49 AM.

i am interested in a housing..jim kozmik
    Jim Kozmik
    CSC, IATSE 667, DOP, camera operator, associate producer; Blue Realm, Undersea Explorer,& Sport Diver TV series, Aquavideo REDONE housing, Nikon Optitek Prolock, Tokina 11-16mm, 105mm,
    14-24mm,50mm,available for rent, 416-705-4174 kozmikunderwater@gmail.com (Toronto,Canada)

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    THIS right here, this is WHY this camera is so exciting !
    Cinema Helium-ish (I hope) quality 6K cameras in such a tiny package it's just awesome.
    Coming from a cinema school where, at the time, we shot on film, it is AWESOME !
    (but that Bayhem Green is just... Not my jam XD)
    Trust me the green really grows on you..... but don't worry Bay is the only ones that we will make Bayhem Green for :)

Do komoda have monting points on the left (or right side) of the camera? To shoot vertically...

Pat