Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 315 of 371 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    A reputable and fast brand of CFast 2.0. I'd personally aim at 512GB or 1TB media.
    Any brand in particular? I've always had good results with SanDisk media in the past when using SD cards, but CFast 2.0 is a different animal.

Julian

Angel bird cf cards are incredible and at a very good price point. They also have arri certified cards and media up to 1TB!

I guess the big question next is whether or not it supports 10-17 volt input like the other Red cameras or whether it will require stepping down to 7.2v when using the power lemo. Would definitely be useful to have it support a larger voltage range!

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    You're not worried about these third-third party batteries ruining your Red cam?
    They wont ruin your Red cam...but it probably wont start it. MOST of the 3rd party BP batteries use the cheaper cells that can't sustain the amps needed for Komodo. The Canons do. I guess technically the canons are still 3rd party... at least to us.. but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Parkin View Post
    I guess the big question next is whether or not it supports 10-17 volt input like the other Red cameras or whether it will require stepping down to 7.2v when using the power lemo. Would definitely be useful to have it support a larger voltage range!
    The power in lemo is normal camera 12v ( 14.8v ) so you can use a V lock on a belt clip cabled to the Aux in etc.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Jarred!

Is there any additional weather proofing on this camera compared to other Red cameras? Seems like this would be a useful feature for a crash cam and the stress test photos certainly alluded to enhanced abilities in this area.

Dear Jared,

I am new to this forum and new to RED in general. I know most on here have the more expensive RED cameras and the Komodo is very cheap in comparison. But for me, it's taking every penny to save for and will be the most expensive camera purchase I have made since the last expensive camera I purchased. I can usually wait patiently with technology, but I have trouble waiting for any piece of technology that is named after a lizard, so you found my weak spot and you attacked it viciously. Bravo to you. Because of this, my excitement and anticipation is through the roof. For example, while my daughter was being born and I was in the middle of a very severe panic attack, I constantly zoomed in and out of the white stormtrooper Komodo picture on your IG as a form of cognitive behavior therapy to bring me "back into the now". Baby is great by the way, I told my non tech savvy wife I needed Cfast cards in order for her baby monitor to activate, worked a treat with no questions asked. So what is the whole point of this? Well, its a new year and a new me - and I was hoping you could answer 3 questions of mine to help curb some of the withdrawals I have been experiencing and to welcome me into the family. Questions are:

1. Can you please share any footage shot with the Komodo by February 14th? I can't head into valentines day in this current state, I am too flustered to be romantic.

2. Will the Komodo have any anamorphic shooting modes? I like blue streaks in my footage to fit in.

3. I understand a release date is pending on finalized testings, but can we please get a final price soon for us non hydrogen users? It's been mostly speculation and I need to figure how much money I am taking from my daughters college fund (education is overrated).

Thank you,
    Mardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    They wont ruin your Red cam...but it probably wont start it. MOST of the 3rd party BP batteries use the cheaper cells that can't sustain the amps needed for Komodo. The Canons do. I guess technically the canons are still 3rd party... at least to us.. but yeah.

The power in lemo is normal camera 12v ( 14.8v ) so you can use a V lock on a belt clip cabled to the Aux in etc.

Thanks Boss.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardy Depenhim View Post
    Dear Jared,

I am new to this forum and new to RED in general. I know most on here have the more expensive RED cameras and the Komodo is very cheap in comparison. But for me, it's taking every penny to save for and will be the most expensive camera purchase I have made since the last expensive camera I purchased. I can usually wait patiently with technology, but I have trouble waiting for any piece of technology that is named after a lizard, so you found my weak spot and you attacked it viciously. Bravo to you. Because of this, my excitement and anticipation is through the roof. For example, while my daughter was being born and I was in the middle of a very severe panic attack, I constantly zoomed in and out of the white stormtrooper Komodo picture on your IG as a form of cognitive behavior therapy to bring me "back into the now". Baby is great by the way, I told my non tech savvy wife I needed Cfast cards in order for her baby monitor to activate, worked a treat with no questions asked. So what is the whole point of this? Well, its a new year and a new me - and I was hoping you could answer 3 questions of mine to help curb some of the withdrawals I have been experiencing and to welcome me into the family. Questions are:

1. Can you please share any footage shot with the Komodo by February 14th? I can't head into valentines day in this current state, I am too flustered to be romantic.

2. Will the Komodo have any anamorphic shooting modes? I like blue streaks in my footage to fit in.

3. I understand a release date is pending on finalized testings, but can we please get a final price soon for us non hydrogen users? It's been mostly speculation and I need to figure how much money I am taking from my daughters college fund (education is overrated).

Thank you,
    Mardy
    congratts on the new baby!

1. yes... but probably a week or so sooner.

2. yes... but not officially due till 2 (ish) months after initial release.

3. Still too soon to tell. I keep adding things to Komodo that costs me more and more so not till I am done doing that can we tackle the whole Hydrogen thing. On a positive note... I think after Komodo's massive test I just did here in Miami I don't need to add any more than the 3 things I already have in cue for the next ( and lets hope final ) pre-production run. I get those changes back mid feb, and if all is good, then I will be able to tell you what you Hydrogen get as a discount.

Jared,

Thank you. Appreciate your transparency. Just a quick correction, I was asking for a price soon for NON hydrogen users - as most folks have been guessing that it would be around $6k for non-hydrogen users. But I understand even that might not be finalized as it sounds like you are still adding more.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardy Depenhim View Post
    Jared,

Thank you. Appreciate your transparency. Just a quick correction, I was asking for a price soon for NON hydrogen users - as most folks have been guessing that it would be around $6k for non-hydrogen users. But I understand even that might not be finalized as it sounds like you are still adding more.
    Not final yet. But very close.