Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 301 of 371 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3709
    1. I’m quite enraptured and can’t hide my excitement for Komodo. I'm looking forward to use it at the beginning with Zeiss Otus EF 28mm, 55mm, 85mm and R-EF Adapter with VR-ND. Does anybody have experience with those lenses with DSMC2?
    2. As there's no penalty for DR, will there be one for Lowlight?
    3. Can I assume that OLPF's won't take part of Komodo?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    It will not have dual ISO.
    welp, bummer.. was looking forward to getting one
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600
    www.Zakaree.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stolpakov View Post
    About cost you know nothing, so speculate at least with some detail about it.
    Diffrence is in practice of shooting, do you have some? Did you ever shoot cinema camera vs photography camera with recorder?
    I shoot a Digital Bolex, have for five years now. S16 sized global shutter CCD 2k DCI format uncompressed CDNG raw only camera. Decided to go raw only after playing with an early Red One, but couldn't afford a Red after the original 2/3" 3k for $3k Scarlet morphed into the $10k+ S35 Scarlet. For me it is a personal creative camera, not a commercial production tool.
    I'm a video and audio systems engineer by trade and was peripherally involved along with a handful of others in some of the engineering decisions for the Bolex. One of those was whether to compromise the raw image quality to add video recording capability within the budget and hardware limitations of the design. We decided to optimize the processing for best possible raw image quality. There is an HDMI monitor output, but the encoder chip used for it is not high enough quality to be useful for externally recording video.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post

I shoot a Digital Bolex, have for five years now. S16 sized global shutter CCD 2k DCI format uncompressed CDNG raw only camera. Decided to go raw only after playing with an early Red One, but couldn't afford a Red after the original 2/3" 3k for $3k Scarlet morphed into the $10k+ S35 Scarlet. For me it is a personal creative camera, not a commercial production tool.
    I'm a video and audio systems engineer by trade and was peripherally involved along with a handful of others in some of the engineering decisions for the Bolex. One of those was whether to compromise the raw image quality to add video recording capability within the budget and hardware limitations of the design. We decided to optimize the processing for best possible raw image quality. There is an HDMI monitor output, but the encoder chip used for it is not high enough quality to be useful for externally recording video.
    Side note here : IF you don't like your Digital Bolex anymore and want to sell it at a fair price (meaning : not like retro video games XD) if I have the cash ready then please think of me !
    (I am pretty sure, reading your post, that it won't happen and good for you man. Much love for footage from that camera)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

I hope to see GDU come out with Canon RF 35mm Macro f/1.8!

Not sure how it performs on video yet, but his is a very sharp little lens with fantastic Macro capabilities.
    Could be a perfect first lens for the Komodo, especially if Armored by GDU!

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaree Sandberg View Post
    welp, bummer.. was looking forward to getting one
    Jarred did mention that Gemini would have better dynamic range however I don't believe he put a stop to dual iso hopes.

(edit, found the post)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The Gemini sensor has superior DR than Komodo.
    Last edited by David Groves 1; 12-31-2019 at 12:39 AM.
    Red Raven #001827
    Hydrogen One Houdini #0058
    Canon 5DMKiii
    Canon EOS R
    Rokinon Cine DS Primes
    Digital Sputniks with Pixel Mapping, Hives, Quasars, Litepanels Gemini, Arri 750s
    Dji Ronin, Cloud Mount, Motion Control, Dana Dolly
    https://www.instagram.com/galacticowboy/
    https://www.twitch.tv/galacticowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    I hope to see GDU come out with Canon RF 35mm Macro f/1.8!

Not sure how it performs on video yet, but his is a very sharp little lens with fantastic Macro capabilities.
    Could be a perfect first lens for the Komodo, especially if Armored by GDU!

Should be a great gimbal lens, very lightweight and short so smaller CG offset. It is designed to cover DSLR full Frame (36x24) and testing shows that in the center it is as good as sigma art 35 and Canon EF 35mm L lens with slightly lower performance in edge/corner performance. Since Komodo is basically an APS-C size sensor those slight performance degradations should be mitigated as they are outside of the Komodo frame.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaree Sandberg View Post
    bummer
    Somewhere between expectation and rumor is reality and Komodo will land squarely there. There very much will be reason to own RED's camera offerings that are priced 3X or more the cost of Komodo.

Meanwhile in there is what Komodo actually is and what it does bring to the party. A lot of new things and in a small very affordable package apparently built like a tank.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

The hype for Komodo is awesome, and great for Red to demonstrate they keep innovating. Another tool in the kit.

Happy New year

from Toronto