Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 300 of 371 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Page 283 post 2821

I wish this forum had an upvote option.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Anything that's mostly there - (global shutterwise) - and holds to RED's philosophy sounds incredibly useful / what the doctor ordered.

So if it's all the way there then that's even more amazing.

I remember distinctly years ago when Jim Jannard was rolling out a very large and grand road-map (Here on Reduser) that the question of Global shutter was thrown at him (I think by me), and he replied as far as I can remember (without being a false memory), that He'd "Eat his hat" (kind of thing) if a Globally Shuttered RED ever came out or he'd never see the kind while he's alive.

Super cool that that HAS transpired AND for a technical interface between full digital workflow and CG/CGI workflows too. Possibility of full spatial integration to very high precisions and accuracies seamlessly.

Looks like the body can support extra engineering and precision engineered reference surfaces etc. I.e. ways to grab hold of the thing in a very solid / rigid way.

It's possible RED may sell these (KOMODO)* by the truck load.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

* What is the Plural of KOMODO ? Komodo or KOMODOS ?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    For the interview gigs an external recorder/monitor with SSD would be a better solution than adding the cost of same to Komodo to do it internally IMO. But we don't know what Komodo supports, if anything, other than RAW yet. Those DI codecs (except for Cineform) cost money to license too.
    How did you came up this with, as they have to be seated or what ever still, maybe they are walking all the time . With your logic DMS2 ProRes also stupid as "external recorder/monitor with SSD would be a better solution".
    Last edited by Alex Stolpakov; 12-30-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stolpakov View Post
    How did you came up as they have to seated or what ever still, maybe they are walking all the time . With your logic DMS2 ProRes also stupid as "external recorder/monitor with SSD would be a better solution".
    What’s the difference between a DSMC sporting a camera top monitor recording internally vs a camera top monitor/ recorder ( or smartphone) on Komodo recording externally? Especially if that reduces the cost of the camera by more than the cost of a recorder.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    What’s the difference between a DSMC sporting a camera top monitor recording internally vs a camera top monitor/ recorder ( or smartphone) on Komodo recording externally? Especially if that reduces the cost of the camera by more than the cost of a recorder.
    About cost you know nothing, so speculate at least with some detail about it.
    Diffrence is in practice of shooting, do you have some? Did you ever shoot cinema camera vs photography camera with recorder?

All I know is I need to buy another RED and am on the fence about a 2nd Gemini, a Scarlet-W (again) or the Komodo. And it needs to be released soon LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    * What is the Plural of KOMODO ? Komodo or KOMODOS ?
    Komodos because Komodoes sounds a bit off ;p
    But I would go so far as calling them Komodo Cameras to avoid pluralising the Komodo.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Matt stambaugh View Post
    ...And it needs to be released soon LOL.
    More info as to a possible Komodo release date would be nice at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Garcia-Diaz View Post
    Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Garcia-Diaz View Post
    Getting closer... :)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik