Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 241 of 371 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3709
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    As mentioned before, giving credit where credit's due, BlackMagic pocket 6K has a very good menu interface that people praise all over the place. Menu interfaces should be on point, clear, without distracting info.

"Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    They do not need to be set in locked step.

If shutter is set as angle instead of time, it should automatically follow frame rate. My Bolex does. But one of the control cranks is set to adjust shutter angle independently.

Any news regarding the EXT port? What can this potentially do? :)

There's no indication of compression on that UI shot. Any guesses on that? Is it fixed compression? Some sort of new approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    As mentioned before, giving credit where credit's due, BlackMagic pocket 6K has a very good menu interface that people praise all over the place.
    Yup, ridiculously named company has a skilled graphic/UI design team. Intuitive, practical, clear. Ursa was the first which went there after Alexa and offered practical camera setup, unlike typical fiddly Sony/Panasonic/Canon engineer menu designs. It just lets you shoot and not have to think much where what is.

But it depends on having a larger touchscreen and it's not an epic achievement in aesthetics, simple grey rectangles and generic feel remains. Departure from that while keeping clarity and avoiding circus or consumer toy feel is tricky because design parameters to juggle rise exponentially and having all subjective tastes satisified is impossible. Also, graphics engine is another limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    If shutter is set as angle instead of time, it should automatically follow frame rate. My Bolex does. But one of the control cranks is set to adjust shutter angle independently.
    Settings > ... > lock Fps to shutter
    Solved.
    There are many cases where it's better to leave them independent. And where angle equivalent is needlessly confusing. What ever helps to redirect shooter's focus from a camera to what is in front of it, while keeping direct access to main controls, helps. Especially in today's left-brain techy fixated mindset.

With the technological advancements we are often getting caught up cultivating overthinking about working tools while weakening the fundamental - the connection to the work itself. In that context, UI approach with a compact run 'n gun Komodo is a step in a right direction. Especially considering the target market segment. More capacity left to consider the context and sense the feel of what you are capturing.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Native ISO for the sensor?
    Dynamic Range?
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

"The Chronicles of the Fated" (pre production)
    https://www.facebook.com/thefatedshow

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post

Settings > ... > lock Fps to shutter
    Solved.
    There are many cases where it's better to leave them independent. And where angle equivalent is needlessly confusing. What ever helps to redirect shooter's focus from a camera to what is in front of it, while keeping direct access to main controls, helps. Especially in today's left-brain techy fixated mindset.

With the technological advancements we are often getting caught up cultivating overthinking about working tools while weakening the fundamental - the connection to the work itself. In that context, UI approach with a compact run 'n gun Komodo is a step in a right direction. Especially considering the target market segment. More capacity left to consider the context and sense the feel of what you are capturing.
    Shutter angle and speed are both valid tools for exposure time. I am long used to thinking in terms of shutter speed for stills and shutter angle for motion exposure due to shooting film for both many years ago.
    Locking fps to shutter is not conceptually the same as locking shutter to fps. Angle sets a fixed relationship between fps and exposure that has intuitive connotations for both exposure and motion blur.
    I prefer to just change the fps setting and know from that what the exposure will be. That is the simplest method.
    Of course independent adjustment is essential too.
    I think both methods should be available in settings, though it is not essential to show both in the GUI at the same time.

Last Idea

"Laser Etching/Engraving" of images on the Komodo side panel. Since its basically a little box, have a way to personalize your Komodo with something other than by color.

That Side panel seems to be attached to the body with 4 screws. I don't know if any electrical connections are attached to it or not, if not, it should be as easy to replace as replacing an OLPF with a modified Laser Etched panel. The images below are simulations being that Laser Etched/Engraved images will be Monochromatic.

For an Additional cost of between $800-$1500

Last edited by rand thompson; 11-19-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Jarred,

Are we to a point where we can talk about or solidify the function of the H1 with Komodo? Is it a monitor, wireless or hardwired, will the H1 offer another function in combination with Komodo other than placing and pricing? I feel like its back in that place, it will monitor DSMC2, no it won’t, it will with a wire, I’m testing out this wired setup guys, I’ll report back soon. And total denial.....

I don’t know what the deal is when it come to that damn phone, yeah that way.... but we can never seem to get clear concise information. Please drop the science on H1 and Komodo.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    Jarred,

Are we to a point where we can talk about or solidify the function of the H1 with Komodo? Is it a monitor, wireless or hardwired, will the H1 offer another function in combination with Komodo other than placing and pricing? I feel like its back in that place, it will monitor DSMC2, no it won’t, it will with a wire, I’m testing out this wired setup guys, I’ll report back soon. And total denial.....

I don’t know what the deal is when it come to that damn phone, yeah that way.... but we can never seem to get clear concise information. Please drop the science on H1 and Komodo.

Thank you

You will have nostalgia with H1.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram