Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 202 of 371 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3709
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post

Ouch
    Oops sorry didn’t mean for that to be an ouch... you called yourself the pain in the ass guy and I thought you wore that as a badge of honor. I like it :) I almost wanna change your little thing under your name here to that.

Nobody likes a critic. You have a ton of critics here for being a critic.

A lot of people see you as ”that guy” that goes to a house party and tells the owner of the house in front of everyone that he cuts his grass wrong. But I know you are more than that and you just want things the way you want them.

Just remember If that’s who you want to be.. “ That Guy” , and you want a little less friction from being that guy, then you probably need to be a bit more open to people disagreeing with you. I think you spend way too much time here fighting with people that don’t agree with you. That approach may make you appear to be a lot less ad hominem

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I understand that too. But I hope you can separate Komodo from that experience. remember, Hydrogen until the news was a completely separate company operationally from RED Camera. Different engineers, different marketing , different Manufacturing , different sales , etc... everyone except for Jim. Even h4vuser I have nothing to do with. So I totally understand the confusion, as even internally it was confusing :)

Silver lining though now we have Tommy and Jamin and a bunch of really incredible talent that came from Hydrogen at Red now that are already making huge improvements to the business. So it actually did make us stronger.
    Okay. I'll try. Thanks for your time Jarred. Let's see where this thing goes.

People can say what they want about RED, but the fact that you can engage here with the President speaks volumes.

Love you man.

That said, I think the direction that Komodo is going is super smart. Not that long ago before the ARRI Mini, RED was used by everyone for gimbal and aerial work no matter what the main camera was. I have a feeling Komodo is going to be that Trojan horse again.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

^^ just wish it was out sooner. But patience is a virtue

[QUOTE=Bob Gundu;1874037]People can say what they want about RED, but the fact that you can engage here with the President speaks volumes.

I will agree with this. As a potential first time Red buyer I am happy to see upper management openly corresponding with customers.

Can we expect to see this camera released in 2019?

You need to swing big to make a meaningful change/improvement/invention and sometimes those big swings miss. I know it seems like the end of the world to some people, but we have been here before.

REDRAY, The Projector, The Meizler Module, A whole bunch of 3D stuff that you guys never even saw, etc. etc. etc. The 8k VV Dragon Almost suffered the same fate. Some of you remember that... And Gemini too... that almost didn't work out.

I know from the customer side of the fence all this stuff seems easy... like the pain-in-the-ass-guy telling us "o just add a few extra frame rates for me please, how hard could it be" :) .... but making stuff is hard... specially when you are the first to do it.
    well said. I think some of us who have been with red from near beginning with red one are worried that the competition could take the company down. at the sametime this could be positive, failures leading to better results. I want red to continue even if I ever change to another camera because the industry needs red, to push, prod, fail and achieve new boundaries.
    Nathan Collett
    cinematographer & filmmaker
    EPIC-W Helium #3790

nathancollettfilm.cargo.site

I understand that too. But I hope you can separate Komodo from that experience. remember, Hydrogen until the news was a completely separate company operationally from RED Camera. Different engineers, different marketing , different Manufacturing , different sales , etc... everyone except for Jim. Even h4vuser I have nothing to do with. So I totally understand the confusion, as even internally it was confusing :)

Silver lining though now we have Tommy and Jamin and a bunch of really incredible talent that came from Hydrogen at Red now that are already making huge improvements to the business. So it actually did make us stronger.
    I think this is important to note. hydrogen got tons of flack online and it diminished red but its not red. but it kinda felt like it was.
    Nathan Collett
    EPIC-W Helium #3790

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    People can say what they want about RED, but the fact that you can engage here with the President speaks volumes.

Love you man.

That said, I think the direction that Komodo is going is super smart. Not that long ago before the ARRI Mini, RED was used by everyone for gimbal and aerial work no matter what the main camera was. I have a feeling Komodo is going to be that Trojan horse again.
    amen. lets hope red changes the game the way we know they can.
    Nathan Collett
    EPIC-W Helium #3790

I shoot a lot of wildlife with a helium on a Movi. If this can become my new gimbal camera that I basically never have to take off the rig I’ll be very happy. I can keep the 50-1000 on the helium and have the Komodo setup for the gimbal at any moment. However, for wildlife, most of everything I shoot is in the 40-60fps range. I’m very much hoping that the Komodo will do 60fps at full res for this reason. The BBC and Nat Geo request everything to be delivered in 7k (unless you need the frame rates) so 6k can probably be justified by having a camera specially for the gimbal rig. But any further drop in resolution and they’ll stick with the Helium.

Senior Member David J. Buchanan's Avatar
    I wish RED would focus on ONE oven and make the color as good as it can be.

Then, focus on the processing in the body and making that as good as it can be, with the same compact size.
    BLACK - Now on Amazon!
    Corporate G&E Package
    Gemini, Zeiss Otus 28, 55, 85
    davidjbuchanan.com | wecofilms.com