Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 281 of 371 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    There was a mistake on the format compare for a minute that you might have seen, but Phil got it corrected literally within minutes of me notifying him. Helium, Dragon 6K, and Gemini 5K are all in that S35+ area whereas Komodo is closer to the S35 side of things. Komodo is going to have an easier time with S35 glass.

Close. It's 27.03 x 14.25mm not 13.5.
    I was under the impression KOMODO was better with 2x anamorphic than Helium. Now that I think about it perhaps I was just reliving Gemini being better with Anamorphic?

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Korompilas View Post
    new Komodo post on Jarred's IG! I am SO ready to hear the final specs. enough with the teasing already. ugh.
    sorry that upsets you but it's relevant as the new SDKs support Komodo. If seeing Komodo on my instagram seriously makes you upset, let me know your instagram handle and I will force unfollow you.

love it Jarred haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    sorry that upsets you but it's relevant as the new SDKs support Komodo. If seeing Komodo on my instagram seriously makes you upset, let me know your instagram handle and I will force unfollow you.
    hah. my apologies & I understand, Jarred. no need for that. i am really looking forward to komodo and a long time supporter of RED in general. i am using monstro on the majority of my work and push them along to all of my clients. i'm not upset in any way but i am really looking forward to know more about komodo.
    portfolio: www.koromp.com

A school of baby dragons!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5_RO3cBT8v/
    Thanks for sharing Jarred!

Any idea whether these will work on the Komodo?
    https://www.astronomik.com/en/clip-f...-r-eos-rp.html
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    A school of baby dragons!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5_RO3cBT8v/
    Thanks for sharing Jarred!
    [...]
    I think the hidden message is this: the Mac Pro in the image will play six full-res streams of Komodo 6K footage without glitching. YMMV.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Korompilas View Post
    hah. my apologies & I understand, Jarred. no need for that. i am really looking forward to komodo and a long time supporter of RED in general. i am using monstro on the majority of my work and push them along to all of my clients. i'm not upset in any way but i am really looking forward to know more about komodo.
    cool... I must of misunderstood your displeasure , ill keep posting away then :)

Jarred, Any idea when preorders will start to open up?
    DP/Director/Producer
    www.domenicthedp.com
    www.nw-camera.com

Alexa Mini/Amira, RED Dragon, Monstro, Canon C500 Mark ii, C300ii, Sony FX9, FS7, UMP G2, Pocket 6k/4k, Sony A7s/r ii, Cooke Panchro Classics, Atlas Anamorphics, Zeiss Cp3, Angenieux EZ1/2, Celere HS set, Leica R Duclos set, DSO Trump series, Sigma Cine Primes, Contax Zeiss Superspeeds, GL Optics 18-35, 50-100, 70-200, tokina 11-16 PL, Laowa 24mm Probe, Movi Pro, Grip Vans, Skypanels, HMI's, Hive, Aputure, Litepanels, Litemats

Quote Originally Posted by John Marchant View Post
    Yep, I let that slip on FB a bit ago, just an under the radar project for the moment, but I have a real one in the flesh already.
    PL to RF mount with a slot for the same existing revolva cartridges.

Not sure we'll do EF to RF the same as that job is covered reasonably by the very cheap and handy Canon EF-RF with vari ND. Its chintzy as hell, but cheap and works.
    EF to RF would still be great, given how robust your mounts are.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    EF to RF would still be great, given how robust your mounts are.
    Robust means integrated. Why everybody so against the idea if this is so much cheaper then interchangeable mount system you should not choose which mount you need?

What’s interesting is the film that I made since The Laundromat with Meryl that we just wrapped, I was using the new Red Komodo, which is the best of both. It’s extremely small, but it’s got a full-sized sensor. You can strip it down to absolutely nothing and it’s truly quite small and light. The lens is bigger and heavier than the body. Or you can very easily—if you need a little bit of mass because of the shot you’re doing, whether it be handheld or whatever—put some gak on it and give it a little more weight and turn it into that tool. We were the first people to get it. These bodies were hot off the bench. I was very, very pleased with what it allowed me to do. It was small enough for me to be able to put it anywhere I wanted very quickly but big enough to give me the aesthetics and the practicality that a “normal” camera would give me. It was pretty exciting.
    Real camera with real needs, not this
    Attached Images