Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 180 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Just found two Canon BP-975s in "Excellent" condition for $24 each on MPB. Went ahead and bought them in case all of this is true. From the sounds of it, that should give me all-day power on the Komodo. Whereas I spent $1000 on V-Mounts for all-day power on the Epic-W and $750 for something like the C300II.

Really glad that Red didn't go with Sony NPF batteries - I find them unbelievably slow to charge and generally a pain to work with. If Komodo does use the Canon batteries, then I'm pumped with the $48 I just spent - haha. I'm in on Komodo!

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrin Sheldon View Post
    Just found two Canon BP-975s in "Excellent" condition for $24 each on MPB. Went ahead and bought them in case all of this is true. From the sounds of it, that should give me all-day power on the Komodo. Whereas I spent $1000 on V-Mounts for all-day power on the Epic-W and $750 for something like the C300II.

Really glad that Red didn't go with Sony NPF batteries - I find them unbelievably slow to charge and generally a pain to work with. If Komodo does use the Canon batteries, then I'm pumped with the $48 I just spent - haha. I'm in on Komodo!
    wow.. great deal. I just paid $200 for mine ;)

https://petapixel.com/2018/02/17/red...ras-1-3-price/

From early last year - if the sensor is new maybe it's through a partnership like this (unless this news has been debunked in the interim?)

As an early Ti Hydrogen customer (which sadly is sitting in it's box) i'm very curious about this - i was seriously looking at Z Cam so this is great timing.

The pain of waiting for news....

cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    So you went with the 7350 mAh, I think I would most likely go with the 5200 mAh for my Komodo to keep it more compact ;)
    F I L M M A K E R

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Tejeda View Post
    So we’re just missing top and bottom then?
    Hope there will be a side handle that controls the camera, and popular Nucleus-M&N motors, etc.
    Last edited by Billy Jim; 08-14-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Hope other manufacturers (Tokina, Formatt, etc.) will offer fixed ND filters to fit Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter.

An eND solution would be interesting option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    So you went with the 7350 mAh, I think I would most likely go with the 5200 mAh for my Komodo to keep it more compact ;)
    I'll definitely get the smaller ones as well, but the deal was too good to pass up for two of the big ones - and I'm sure I'll need them at some point.

So this is confirmed to be a camera running on lower voltage. Very interesting. To me this confirms a completely new sensor running on lower power requirements than what we've seen up to now. Which may mean lower quality sensor with lower DR for instance.
    But... when you contemplate RED's DNA they tend to push things and not settle for lower image quality.

If that's the case this new sensor could be in line with current DSMC2 sensors in terms of DR and color and light sensitivity. (Not frame rates)

If true I really want to know how they did this. Has technology suddenly made such a leap forward that allows camera manufacturers to put a top of the line sensor design capturing raw data in a little box running on low power ? If it had been possible before now, I assume they would have done it ...

I wonder what THIS was shot on? :)
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 8K HELIUM Stormtrooper / 2 x Gemini Packages
    Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16mm-180mm / Atlas Anamorphic A-Set