Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 290 of 371 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Han Vogen View Post
    Word is that Apple is planning to remove the lightning port from the upcoming iPhones, how will this affect plans to utilize mobile phones as a monitor/controller? Will the Komodo also work wirelessly to display the output? And will lag present an issue?
    Jarred has said it will have wireless control, but not wireless monitoring.

Is Apple rumored to be removing the lightning port altogether? That doesn’t make much sense. Seems more likely it will switch to USB-C/TB3 as they have done with the new iPads. That is becoming the new universal connection for mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Jarred has said it will have wireless control, but not wireless monitoring.

Is Apple rumored to be removing the lightning port altogether? That doesnt make much sense. Seems more likely it will switch to USB-C/TB3 as they have done with the new iPads. That is becoming the new universal connection for mobile devices.
    It looks as though they're planning to make the iPhone entirely wireless with no Lightning or USB-C and only inductive charging. I'm sure like every other Apple decision, everyone will say it's a terrible idea, Samsung will make an ad mocking them for it, and then in two years it'll be the industry standard.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/12/05...onnector-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Genova View Post
    It looks as though they're planning to make the iPhone entirely wireless with no Lightning or USB-C and only inductive charging. I'm sure like every other Apple decision, everyone will say it's a terrible idea, Samsung will make an ad mocking them for it, and then in two years it'll be the industry standard.

I guess that will take them out of the running for Komodo monitoring.

Doesn't Foolcontrol already offer monitoring over a cable? It's been some time since I played with it but I think it does some monitoring when run on a desktop. Maybe what we are seeing here is just phone horsepower catching up to desktop power.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    I guess that will take them out of the running for Komodo monitoring.
    It doesn't look like it's happening until fall 2021, so there will likely be one more new model next year with Lightning.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.

Its funny I was on a flight today ( ironically on the way back from Apple ) thinking the same thing as I plugged my iPhone in for a quick top-up... realizing It was the first time I actually plugged my iPhone in since I got it in September......

Apple have been tweaking frameworks to reduce overhead (latency) to support wireless mirroring (or extension of screen real estate).

If the 2020 chipsets support (very low latency) 5G, and are able to leverage h/w compress/decompress there is ample bandwidth to send compressed image over the pipe (or even interframe compressed data if ARM IP is pressed into service).

I would be amazed if Apple removed the ability to charge/power their devices directly, or removed the ability to tether their devices for diagnostic analysis.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Newman View Post
    Apple have been tweaking frameworks to reduce overhead (latency) to support wireless mirroring (or extension of screen real estate).

If the 2020 chipsets support (very low latency) 5G, and are able to leverage h/w compress/decompress there is ample bandwidth to send compressed image over the pipe (or even interframe compressed data if ARM IP is pressed into service).

I would be amazed if Apple removed the ability to charge/power their devices directly, or removed the ability to tether their devices for diagnostic analysis.

AJ
    I think you're right. I don't think the technology is there yet. Give it 4 or 5 years and sure.

That's a comment on the Apple RDF's power, not on whether or not these are good decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The last ballpark I gave you is still looking good for the first run..... if everything continues to go as well as it has so far.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1875926
    Exciting news! How far in advance of pre-orders and shipping to do you expect we'll have the full specs and pricing?