Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 273 of 371 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3709
  1. #2721  
    Senior Member Aaron Lochert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stolpakov View Post
    It's good to hear that. They make things with lenses precision.
    I hope its not this https://www.amazon.com/SMALLRIG-Adap...628867&sr=8-46
    Maybe this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t_for_red.html
    OR much better like this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...s35_al_pl.html
    I know they think out of box and will come up with something interesting.
    The lens mount on the camera side is fixed. So the bottom two are impossible.

    Unless their solution involves modifying the existing mount, you will have to somehow secure the adapter/Revolva to your cage, bottom plate, or rails. Googling "metabones support" on Google images will show you the various ways people have solved this issue for small cameras with fixed, non-locking, lens mounts. I don't know what to tell you but it's going to have to be much more like example 1 than you want.
     

  2. #2722  
    That's ngreat news! I'd love to see a Canon EF version aswell!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stilling View Post
    Just FYI, Kippertie is working on a PL Revolva for the Komodo...
     

  3. #2723  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    The lens mount on the camera side is fixed. So the bottom two are impossible.

    Unless their solution involves modifying the existing mount, you will have to somehow secure the adapter/Revolva to your cage, bottom plate, or rails. Googling "metabones support" on Google images will show you the various ways people have solved this issue for small cameras with fixed, non-locking, lens mounts. I don't know what to tell you but it's going to have to be much more like example 1 than you want.
    This is not even funny. Everybody who spent more than half an hour on this thread knows that. .
    Point in the examples is what how you perceive professional gear, first or the third one. What for ? Because I read that this is very special camera, with unrivaled quality to the same sized cameras. Robin to Batman or better to say your sidekick camera. Sometimes Robin goes first number.
    Good for big and small, but MOSTLY big. Don't you want that this will set example for others and not the other way around, and not only inside camera but also outside.
    Nobody saying no to go RF mount, just somebody sees good for the over all in PL mount also, especially in rentals.
    WHY is that? AS owner operator you can look after your gear even if it is not fool proof, but not in rentals. I've seen countless times when somebody takes a7S in a cage, with adapter, and PL set like standart primes for the gimbal. Guess what they do first, they take off the cage. In three days, its why image is shifting, or one side out of focus, or HDMI port doesn't work.
    One or Two ?
    Just think if Epic or Mini would come only with possibility for some Chinese mount good or bad, cheap or expensive. Every time you would take a camera it would be a gamble.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Alex Stolpakov; 12-06-2019 at 08:14 AM.
     

  4. #2724  
    Senior Member Robert Hofmeyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    646
    Would there be enough space to make an RF to Red mount adapter? RF on one side, flat plate with threads for DSMC lens mount screws on the other. Pass through for electronics.
     

  5. #2725  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Would there be enough space to make an RF to Red mount adapter? RF on one side, flat plate with threads for DSMC lens mount screws on the other. Pass through for electronics.
    Don't think so. BUT a chance to buy PL mounted camera is a good option if you want one.
     

  6. #2726  
    Senior Member Aaron Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    148
    Curious to see RF to EF Speedbooster samples on the Komodo in the coming weeks.
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    DRAGON X
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen
     

  7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #2727  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stilling View Post
    Just FYI, Kippertie is working on a PL Revolva for the Komodo...
    First I have heard of such a thing.. but that sure would be cool.
     

  8. #2728  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    First I have heard of such a thing.. but that sure would be cool.
    Sorry to ask but I have to do it. Did you herd about integrated PL mount for Komodo, just maybe on some production?
     

  9. #2729  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,047
    Would be interesting if Kippertie can incorporate the Revolva into their own PL to RF adapter. It might limit choice of PL lenses due to rear element depth behind the flange though.
     

  10. #2730  
    Hey Jarred, any chance that since Komodo will have a built in RF mount we'll get expanded Canon functionality? I'm thinking very specifically of features like Start/Stop with the Canon 18-80 side grip.
    Thanks!
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts