Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 181 of 371 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrin Sheldon View Post
    New article on Filmmaker Magazine with Soderbergh. He says this about the Komodo:
    "I was using the new Red Komodo, which is the best of both. It’s extremely small, but it’s got a full-sized sensor. You can strip it down to absolutely nothing and it’s truly quite small and light. The lens is bigger and heavier than the body. Or you can very easily—if you need a little bit of mass because of the shot you’re doing, whether it be handheld or whatever—put some gak on it and give it a little more weight and turn it into that tool. We were the first people to get it. These bodies were hot off the bench. I was very, very pleased with what it allowed me to do. It was small enough for me to be able to put it anywhere I wanted very quickly but big enough to give me the aesthetics and the practicality that a “normal” camera would give me. It was pretty exciting."

And then said: "I guess my question for them is: are people supposed to use this now? I have three Monstro bodies. I’m wondering what I do with those. Rent them out, I guess."

That second one is a pretty crazy statement. Does this mean that the Komodo could be full-frame, or at lest pretty close to it? Perhaps Super35+ like Gemini size?
    Already plenty of discussion and speculation about this article a few pages back.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Any Android phone will work as well.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Correct.
    With exactly the same functionality (other than connecting via USB-C and not via Hydrogen pins)?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    With exactly the same functionality (other than connecting via USB-C and not via Hydrogen pins)?
    For wireless control, not for monitoring. I hope it does have a USB-C connection, but there is no evidence of that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    For wireless control, not for monitoring. I hope it does have a USB-C connection, but there is no evidence of that so far.
    Yep.
    Now that we have seen all the sides of that cube (except the bottom but I doubt they put any port there) I don't think there's an USB-C either.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    I assumed they were talking about wired monitoring and control - via mount that connects top Komodo pins to rear Hydrogen pins, or via cable/mount that connects top Komodo pins to Android USB-C

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Yep.
    Now that we have seen all the sides of that cube (except the bottom but I doubt they put any port there) I don't think there's an USB-C either.
    I was assuming top pins to USB-C, not a USB port on the camera.

Wireless control (ala foolcontrol) will surely be an option for ios or Android, but I thought they were discussing wired monitoring and control.

Edit: Here's the quote Bob was quoting:

Quote Originally Posted by Med D View Post
    I won't be surprised if Hydrogen simply disappears and RED gives some sort of Komodo discount to owners to ease the sting. It really would not make sense -- for Komodo -- to offer a phone monitoring solution that only works on a phone that almost nobody owns. At the same time, if they offer the same monitoring to all phone types then Hydrogen owners will continue to wonder who moved their cheese. RED should just pull the Hydrogen band-aid off the rest of the way and move on.

Pre-H it seemed like there was a likely RED M&A event about to happen but if that was ever the case, it seems dead now.
    Last edited by Robert Hofmeyr; 10-18-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Fingers crossed for HDRX.
    Basically essential for architecture&interior design films.

Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Sánchez View Post
    Fingers crossed for HDRX.
    Basically essential for architecture&interior design films.
    Is that still a thing ? I mean, is still a needed feature on the current DSMC2 line or have they a big enough dynamic range to achieve HDR anyway ? (or maybe it makes it easier in post ? I don't know I never really tried HDRx)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Is that still a thing ? I mean, is still a needed feature on the current DSMC2 line or have they a big enough dynamic range to achieve HDR anyway ? (or maybe it makes it easier in post ? I don't know I never really tried HDRx)
    Very much still a thing!
    Even if you end up not using it in the final composite, it's pretty darn useful in VFX!

And I sure hope we can have a version of it on the Komodo... :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser