Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 147 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Actually on that image it looks like a SmallHD or similar screen.
    Its the SmallHD 5" Focus SDI monitor.

On a side note, having 4K SDI is finally going to be awesome for critical focusing on external monitors.
    Last edited by Bob Gundu; 09-27-2019 at 01:33 PM.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    Argh I just want this announced. Clients keep asking for gimbals when they can't afford a proper gimbal setup (Movi with op), and so far everything small enough to be on a Ronin-S looks video-y. Now test footage of the SH1 is looking pretty close to Red quality, but I have a feeling Komodo will make me regret buying an SH1...
    Im running a BMPCC6K on Ronin S and it looks pretty good to me.
    Silver Lake Studios Inc.
    Film Production and Stock Footage
    Rentals and other goodies at
    www.utahcinevideo.com
    www.slsfilm.com

Komodo looks cool and all, but everyone is doing 6K now. Sure RED might do better 6K than the rest, but i'd rather save up and upgrade my SW to Helium.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Its the SmallHD 5" Focus SDI monitor.
    Is it, though? The SDI connector doesn't seem to be there at all. I know it has the angled cutout that the HDMI version doesn't have, but I have an odd feeling that it's perhaps a prototype display using an existing casing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Is it, though? The SDI connector doesn't seem to be there at all. I know it has the angled cutout that the HDMI version doesn't have, but I have an odd feeling that it's perhaps a prototype display using an existing casing.
    Alright alright Watson. I'll get my investigative Deerstalker's Cap, OCD oral fixation bubble pipe, and magnification image inspection monocle.

After closer examination of the image there are a few interesting things to be found in the Mike Will B&W image.

- It looks like the SmallHD Focus SDI, not the HDMI model, but it appears the SDI connector is missing in action
    - The thing that mounts the camera to the monitor appears to have two features that are not detectable in this image
    - Mike's right hand reveals he is holding what appears to be a GDU Cowboy Handle or perhaps something new
    - Mike's left hand there appears to be a slender accessory mounting bracket on the Komodo body, which is likely how the handle is mounted on the other side
    - The base plate appears to be an 80mm GDU Touch N' Go Plate

The display could be something new, could be something modified, or Jarred could have photochopped things out.

Off to go fence with Moriarty.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    seriously. i guess you dont really follow the situation closely enough but Jim gave multiple excuses, reasons and apologies for the modules not being able to happen. so i would say go to the hydrogen forum and reread it all, it's too much to get in to here.
    what most of us concluded is the Komodo must of been in the thoughts of RED before hydrogen and now just merging the advantage of buying a hydrogen and making it up to the people that did, there will be a special place for hydrogen owners with in the Komodo, but it hasnt been made clear if it's just a discount, or first dibs and a discount, or if there will be a way to monitor via hydrogen with a hard mount connection. oh, and it's not full frame, we have already been told that too.

we also dont have the answer to why there is a Komodo because there is no specs yet, all still a mystery. personally i think a lot of us like that it's small, doesnt require a whole case of v-mounts and charging system, had 4k sdi output, and records to cheaper off the shelf media.
    I do follow it.

I was asking Jarred.

I do know everything you wrote.

Yes it's attractive to me as well but it makes no sense as I have both the hydrogen and a DSMC2. I like you know real truth not hundreds of pages of speculation. Jarred is the only person who could answer and explain the end.

Believe me all I do is follow this unfortunately.

No question Komodo can be an “A Camera”. Same way a 5D MKII and a DVX-100 can still be an “A Camera”...if so desired.

The GH2 was a pretty sweet little “A Camera” for a lot of people as well.

With that said, Crossing fingers for a full-frame 4K 120fps Komodo.
    Alkali Digital
    Director | Cinematographer | Editor | UFOlogist

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Johnson View Post
    No question Komodo can be an “A Camera”. Same way a 5D MKII and a DVX-100 can still be an “A Camera”...if so desired.

The GH2 was a pretty sweet little “A Camera” for a lot of people as well.

With that said, Crossing fingers for a full-frame 4K 120fps Komodo.
    Well.... We already know it's not full frame. It's s35 or maybe slitghly larger like Gemini is (the lense used by Steven Soderbergh leads me to believe it's closer to the size of the Gemini sensor as this specific line of lenses is made for slightly larger than s35 but not "Full Frame"... Anyways we'l see).
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

If I remember correctly, it was said that the original sensor developed for the Hydrogen cine module was 5K+ and supposed to be on par with Raven/Scarlet, and only rivaled by its bigger siblings Epic/Gemini/Monstro etc.
    This sensor has undoubtedly developed even further and is probably what’s in the Komodo. This has me wondering why Komodo is not regarded as A-Cam material.. Something as good or better than Scarlet W should definitely be good enough for most productions - except maybe the really higher end stuff :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Erichsen View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was said that the original sensor developed for the Hydrogen cine module was 5K+ and supposed to be on par with Raven/Scarlet, and only rivaled by its bigger siblings Epic/Gemini/Monstro etc.
    This sensor has undoubtedly developed even further and is probably what’s in the Komodo. This has me wondering why Komodo is not regarded as A-Cam material.. Something as good or better than Scarlet W should definitely be good enough for most productions - except maybe the really higher end stuff :)
    TO ME, the whole "it's not an A-Cam" thing is hinting at drone/gimbal work. Like others have said on this very forum, Arri had the same marketing messages about the Alexa Mini when they released it. It didn't stop anyone from using it as an A-Cam and now the Alex LF marketing campain kinda dropped the gimbal/drone message for a more "compact versatile tool". At least to me.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...