Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 295 of 371 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Genova View Post
    Of course neither iOS or Android are completely immune to security issues and its easy to cite anecdotal evidence.
    Do you know what anectodal means?

It seems that the general consensus though (based on the half dozen or so comparisons that Ive perused) is that iOS is currently more secure with Android making strides to narrow the gap.
    Given Apple's long history of ignoring OSX security issues, my confidence in its security is not great. Maybe its slacking on OSX because it's been paying more attention to iOS?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    Yes, I do.

From Wikipedia: "Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes: evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony."

Something like:

Given Apple's long history of ignoring OSX security issues, my confidence in its security is not great. Maybe its slacking on OSX because it's been paying more attention to iOS?
    (I'm not sure why we are talking about OS X now and not iOS).

Apple's notorious for ignoring security holes in its software.
    It's not a claim, it's reality.
    I'm not trying to start a heated debate over this or make it personal and it's definitely starting to get way off topic from Komodo. I was just asking for some evidence of this notorious disregard for security because I was genuinely curious as to whether there really is some merit to the claim. Google "iOS vs. Android security 2019" and every article either gives iOS the victory or at the very least has it too close to call. I can't find a single article claiming that Android is by leaps and bounds more secure than iOS.

Apple has had its share of security issues, malware, etc., but so has every other major software vendor, so it seems like a stretch to say that Apple is notorious for security holes in its software with the implication that this isn't the case for Microsoft, Google, etc.

Check out Instagram, Komodo had a snow ball fight and won. Getting tested pretty rigorously.

Maybe you are lacking in any knowledge on the topic? You are so full of nonsense and believe so deeply in random headlines and anecdotal evidence it isn't even worth addressing. But, every current apple computer has a dedicated chip for hardware encryption amongst many other security focused things. Machine learning processing is done on device (while millions of android devices are sending this data to servers). macOS has a brand new file system that is dramatically more secure than others, and is very clear about position on privacy, discloses methodologies of security, and the list goes on until the end of time.

Take this discussion somewhere else. ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    Take this discussion somewhere else. ffs.
    Thanks...
    🧠+👁️+👂🏼+📹=...
    Documentary shaper, "that guy...".
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1523882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stanley View Post
    Check out Instagram, Komodo had a snow ball fight and won. Getting tested pretty rigorously.

Seems to be a little beast !
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

That GDU back battery plate is a work of art!!
    Sciukka - RED Raven #001325

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    That side handle looks slick. I wonder if it has any controls on it - cant be easy to press the camera buttons with those gloves. Don't recall seeing any connectors on the right side though.

Can't figure out what's going on in the second image. Looks like the camera is on but the monitor is off. Also an interesting looking rear cover to protect rear battery connectors while powering from an external battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    That side handle looks slick. I wonder if it has any controls on it - cant be easy to press the camera buttons with those gloves. Don't recall seeing any connectors on the right side though.

Can't figure out what's going on in the second image. Looks like the camera is on but the monitor is off. Also an interesting looking rear cover to protect rear battery connectors while powering from an external battery.
    I don't think there is any button on this handle but there are physical buttons on top of the camera.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post

Photo optics. Can Nikon or Canon worth 5 grand with photo optics do the same?