Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 351 of 371 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    no... because there isn't enough overhead from the little batteries to power all your accessories that you all want to power. And of course you can say well "why didn't you just make the camera bigger and put on a v-lock and then give us a bunch more output ports and more power ports"... and I'd point you to one of our other cameras. I know the price point makes that comparison awkward.. But the reality is Komodo is small and lean and designed to do exactly what it is designed to do. If you want to flex outside that... then you need to get creative just like Michael Hastings just did. And trust me.. we have seen plenty of people that have been testing them do just that.
    But mini V-Lock is of the same size as two canon batteries with better capacity and most of mini V-lock batteries have D-Tap. Just curious why you decided not to use it or mini gold mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksim Medushkin View Post
    But mini V-Lock is of the same size as two canon batteries with better capacity and most of mini V-lock batteries have D-Tap. Just curious why you decided not to use it or mini gold mount.
    Probably because Komodo can be powered with only ONE of the two BP batteries, the idea being if you plug two, you have more time and you can always swap one at a time without having to ever power down the camera.
    At least it's how I think I understood it from past posts here.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Probably because Komodo can be powered with only ONE of the two BP batteries, the idea being if you plug two, you have more time and you can always swap one at a time without having to ever power down the camera.
    At least it's how I think I understood it from past posts here.
    That makes sense of course, but being able to power monitor or any other 12v stuff overweights hot battery replacing by far...
    Last edited by Maksim Medushkin; 01-23-2020 at 09:04 AM.

With the global shutter ?
    Not sure at all. Sure the camera is very tiny and probably light and that definitely count BUT we've all seen handheld footage that wasn't wobbly at all, even on Hollywood Movies.
    (right now the only thing coming to my mind is Transformers... 4... ?... The one where there's an action scene in Hong Kong we can see in the BTS Bay shooting handheld with an Epic Dragon with the same kind of setup actually)
    Sorry, just to be clear i didn't mean wobbly as in rolling shutter jello, just that the frame would be quite jittery. Hold out something that weight for any length of time and view the results on a big screen. IMHO i find it quite nauseating. The bigger hand held rigs are usually shoulder rigs so they have the energy, without the micro movements a smaller set up would have.

cheers
    Paul
    -------------------
    insta: @paul.inventome

Quote Originally Posted by Maksim Medushkin View Post
    That makes sense of course, but being able to power monitor or any other 12v stuff overweights hot battery replacing by far...
    Yes but since the camera is primarily made for drones and gimbals and stuff like that, I think you're better of powering those stuff by their own.
    Like for instance if you put the camera onto a Ronin of some sort, you can have a monitor fixed to one of the handle with just an SDI cable coming out of the camera and power that monitor with its own battery.
    I can't remember if the camera is supposed to get onboard wireless monitoring or if it's just for control purposes.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

With the global shutter ?
    Not sure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    They key thing is that Komodo features a global shutter so the rolling shutter and potential higher vibration artifacts from that would net unusable footage like if mounted to a car without decent stabilization, Komodo's footage will look good.
    This handheld wobble issue has nothing to do with shutter.

Holding a light camera with two hands in mid air, without body anchor points and single central axis makes a mess in camera movement and camera wobbles all over the place. Not the image. Image gets irritatingly unstable.

Shoulder shooting and Bolex style pistol grip which David mentioned, with hand on a lens and EVF to face stabilizes the camera.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    No it’s not. Mini v lock is Quite a bit larger than 2 bp batteries.... even if you put the battery sideways which is not good for v locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    No it’s not. Mini v lock is Quite a bit larger than 2 bp batteries.... even if you put the battery sideways which is not good for v locks.
    Any closer on final pricing, drop date and volume in which Komodo will come. 10, 50 1000’s units?

I wonder if they're testing stabilization using the gyro data in that photo? Would be good to see Red leading the way on that front since all the technology is there and waiting to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Parkin View Post
    I wonder if they're testing stabilization using the gyro data in that photo? Would be good to see Red leading the way on that front since all the technology is there and waiting to be used.
    It seams from digging around in the latest iteration of the red SDK that komodo records r3ds snd likly those have gyro data, me guessing. With the global shutter that will be more usable than what we got in the current cameras but I really hope the data is more accurate, if so we are ready. Axis is suposed to be able to read komodo files acording to the sdk and if so giving you a r3d to fbx 3d camera animation one click solution. If the gyro data is good then stabilization using it will work great.

http://www.syndicate.se/axis/
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro