Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 371 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaus James View Post
    Do you guys think it's safe to say that IPP2 will be native in this cam? Also, their signature 16+ stops of DR?
    Hah yeah just like DSMC1 Dragon did
    Noah Yuan-Vogel | noahyv.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    wow.. great deal. I just paid $200 for mine ;)

Don't know how good these are but some folks bought these through Amazon for $26.00 and are happy about them.

Kastar 1 Battery Replace for Canon BP-970 BP-970G BP-975 BP-945 BP-950 950G BP-955 V72 V75Hi

https://www.amazon.com/Kastar-Batter...ateway&sr=8-24

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    Don't know how good these are but some folks bought these through Amazon for $26.00 and are happy about them.

Kastar 1 Battery Replace for Canon BP-970 BP-970G BP-975 BP-945 BP-950 950G BP-955 V72 V75Hi

https://www.amazon.com/Kastar-Batter...ateway&sr=8-24

I've have these for powering nucleus nano via USB, works well.
    EPIC-W Helium 002620

I heart USB charging. I really do. It makes field shooting/mobile work sooo much easier, since you don't have to fiddle with chargers and battery plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post

Kastar products are considered to be shit junk-ware. Sometimes they work alright for a few months and often they are DOA or go within a few weeks of heavy use, but they are popular because of the price. You can find battery test reviews that show their products are often under-performing and not near the stated specs, but that's rather normal for off-brand stuff. Also, their customer service is non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon Bennett View Post
    This thing has to have some sort of TC. I can't imagine Soderbergh and Fincher would be bolting TentacleSyncs on in an actual production.
    Why not? Audible LTC workflows are simple, effective, and well supported. Also worth mentioning that Tentacle sync boxes are terrific; when size is a consideration, they’re second only to Denecke, IMO.

Don’t knock it ‘till you try it.
    Alex Mitchell
    DCPi Film Services
    www.dcpi.ca

I'm referring to some way to jam timecode mainly. Given the only port we see on there is a 3.5mm mic, I wonder if we can feed TC that way or maybe a wireless way or maybe "just use the force" (joking, sync to slate). It could involve the EXT port similar to the breakout cable we use in our world already.

I'm not really opposed to any of those methods btw. There's one or two I prefer in that mix, just curious to know what we'll end up having.

I don't think I'd expect this camera to generate timecode, then the question of transmission is there. But who knows, there could be a lot of new stuff inside this little lizard.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I don't think I'd expect this camera to generate timecode, then the question of transmission is there. But who knows, there could be a lot of new stuff inside this little lizard.
    I don’t think it’s likely for this body, but something that I have noticed with more than a few of RED’s custom bodies is that they’ve integrated Zaxcom hardware for wireless audio and timecode. Worth noting is that the latest Zaxcom recorder, Nova, is using a newer version of ZaxNet that can transmit Scene, Take, and file metadata wirelessly across set. What I’d give to have ZaxNet or Zaxcom’s digital UHF reception in camera... ;)
    Alex Mitchell
    DCPi Film Services
    www.dcpi.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
    I don’t think it’s likely for this body, but something that I have noticed with more than a few of RED’s custom bodies is that they’ve integrated Zaxcom hardware for wireless audio and timecode. Worth noting is that the latest Zaxcom recorder, Nova, is using a newer version of ZaxNet that can transmit Scene, Take, and file metadata wirelessly across set. What I’d give to have ZaxNet or Zaxcom’s digital UHF reception in camera... ;)
    Oh man. You're going to make me whip out my Maxx again.

Which reminds me. I need to dig in and see if there's any new two channel or quad channel w/ timecode gen field recorders. I have a few, but I always feel like something is missing.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Oh man. You're going to make me whip out my Maxx again.

Which reminds me. I need to dig in and see if there's any new two channel or quad channel w/ timecode gen field recorders. I have a few, but I always feel like something is missing.
    If RED can integegrate TC and Record Control with this little box, we’re onto something.

https://zoom-na.com/products/field-v...order#features

Brian Timmons
    BRITIM/MEDIA