Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 314 of 371 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3709
    OK- so with the new Bayhem Komodo, I have a theory....

Bayhem Helium was first shown to public on July 11, 2017.

Helium was available to purchase October 11, 2017.

3 month window.... I think this baby is dropping soon... :)
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Quote Originally Posted by DC Chavez View Post
    OK- so with the new Bayhem Komodo, I have a theory....

Bayhem Helium was first shown to public on July 11, 2017.

Helium was available to purchase October 11, 2017.

3 month window.... I think this baby is dropping soon... :)

While I hope this is all true, you can add to your speculation where Jarred wrote three months AFTER he gets his stormtrooper, that the camera his then released. Something like that, in this ginormous thread...

*edit: DANG!!! Nice REEL bro! Christopher Nolan + Michael Bay would be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    While I hope this is all true, you can add to your speculation where Jarred wrote three months AFTER he gets his stormtrooper, that the camera his then released. Something like that, in this ginormous thread...
    Yea, that's the timeline I'm going with, which I think was around November 15th. So, still hopeful that we'll have some Komodos shipping by Feb 15 - March 15th.

Would this battery plate be a good fit for Komodo? Same Lemo plug for DC power? https://www.arri.com/en/camera-syste...ial/K2.0014531 I really want to run the new GDU batteries with Komodo for when i have longer set ups but to keep the weight down as well... https://global-dynamics-united.mysho...roducts/v-lock That is, unless GDU will make some canon style dual battery with the same beautiful encasing ��

Quote Originally Posted by Colton John McLaughlin View Post
    Would this battery plate be a good fit for Komodo? Same Lemo plug for DC power? https://www.arri.com/en/camera-syste...ial/K2.0014531 I really want to run the new GDU batteries with Komodo for when i have longer set ups but to keep the weight down as well... https://global-dynamics-united.mysho...roducts/v-lock That is, unless GDU will make some canon style dual battery with the same beautiful encasing ��
    A pair of these BP-970's gets you 115 WH vs 98WH for the single GDU. You can buy four for less than the cost of the GDU and hot swap them one at a time to keep the camera up and running indefinitely. One of these will run my old GL2 continuously for 4-6 hours depending on how much time is spent rolling tape. No adapter or cables needed.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tery_pack.html

Wanted to touch down on a few topics:

Stormtrooper Komodo

Jarred already has his:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B66b-1hBt1I/

Media Cards

Just want to provide some insight on media cards in general.

If we're looking at CFast and CFexpress range style cards they have a printed max read and write speed on them. Almost always this refers to the burst speed read/write and provides not much info on what we as filmmakers care about.

What we do care about is Sustained Reads/Writes. That generally informs us of what the media can actually do and how that speed can be utilized in a camera.

But there's more. Flash Media behaves differently at different points in it's life as well as under different temperature conditions. And you need to also provide a little more room when figuring out what you can do due to individual media variance.

This is a fun thing because on the web most media tests are pretty short and sweet, but never under long term study nor varying conditions. Sort of the reason why companies do so many stress tests on stuff like.

We're discovering a lot on the latest generation of CFexpress cards and they do get bloody hot. They are a faster media for sure than CFast, but I'm going to be curious to see how 1-3 months in on rigorous shooting conditions treats them. I suspect this is why the C500 MK II and FX9 don't exactly hit anything close to the max sustained read/writes. But that's just a hunch.

Powering Komodo

At the moment it's Canon BP. And yes you can use a V-Lock plate to Lemo cable adapter to Komodo for real long runtimes. I'm not 100% sure, but I think a V-Mount adapter could be made to slap on the booty of the Komodo which would pair well w/ the newer GDU batteries that just dropped today and they are nearly exactly 4 inches tall. The other real gain there is longer uptime as well as crazy concepts like shark fins and all that for insane battery life without cables involved. If that's gonna be a thing I hope that's ready around launch.

[B]Monitoring/B]

I think it's a stay tuned thing for now. Everybody is seeing the SDI cable solutions, but we have yet to see a pogo driven concept. I imagine that will be the next big drop from Jarred, but who knows, could be other stuff.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    A pair of these BP-970's gets you 115 WH vs 98WH for the single GDU. You can buy four for less than the cost of the GDU and hot swap them one at a time to keep the camera up and running indefinitely. One of these will run my old GL2 continuously for 4-6 hours depending on how much time is spent rolling tape. No adapter or cables needed.

You're not worried about these third-third party batteries ruining your Red cam?

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post

Wow I didnít realize they were so powerful. Fair enough! Still hoping for some GDU BP-style batteries just because Iím a bit of a fanboy... love the red casing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Wanted to touch down on a few topics:

Stormtrooper Komodo

Jarred already has his:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B66b-1hBt1I/

Media Cards

Just want to provide some insight on media cards in general.

If we're looking at CFast and CFexpress range style cards they have a printed max read and write speed on them. Almost always this refers to the burst speed read/write and provides not much info on what we as filmmakers care about.

What we do care about is Sustained Reads/Writes. That generally informs us of what the media can actually do and how that speed can be utilized in a camera.

But there's more. Flash Media behaves differently at different points in it's life as well as under different temperature conditions. And you need to also provide a little more room when figuring out what you can do due to individual media variance.

This is a fun thing because on the web most media tests are pretty short and sweet, but never under long term study nor varying conditions. Sort of the reason why companies do so many stress tests on stuff like.

We're discovering a lot on the latest generation of CFexpress cards and they do get bloody hot. They are a faster media for sure than CFast, but I'm going to be curious to see how 1-3 months in on rigorous shooting conditions treats them. I suspect this is why the C500 MK II and FX9 don't exactly hit anything close to the max sustained read/writes. But that's just a hunch.
    In your estimation, what would you consider to be the most prudent media choice for capturing footage with Komodo?

Thanks,
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Ogans View Post
    In your estimation, what would you consider to be the most prudent media choice for capturing footage with Komodo?
    A reputable and fast brand of CFast 2.0. I'd personally aim at 512GB or 1TB media.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon