Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 157 of 371 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    you have at least a few more months of watching and waiting...
    Honestly...good.

My next big purchase needs to be Mac Pro. Please hold Komodo till my bank account heals a little!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bodnar View Post

So maybe this is early Komodo footage of a Komodo ;)

https://www.red.com/power-of-red?utm...ORJb7pdjn0CwWI

The Stabilized shot and Post Zoom shots might be from Komodo.
    UDay Bhaskar Karra
    -----------------------
    EPIC-X02970 || Leica R 28mm F2.8 , 35mm F2 , 50mm F2 , 90mm F2 , 35-70mm F4 , 80-200mm F4

I would fully expect the komodo dragon footage to be filmed on... use your imagination...

Edit: never mind, just found out that it was shot on Helium.
    Last edited by Andy_Johnson; 10-01-2019 at 05:38 PM.

they wont.. it is a completely different protocol. It's not HDMI/SDI coming out of those top pins its a camera interface which is the part I can't tell you about yet :)
    Interesting. Very interesting indeed.

If it is the stabilized post, then it might hint at some Canon-level autofocus. The walking towards the camera shot is the most used AF test...

they wont.. it is a completely different protocol. It's not HDMI/SDI coming out of those top pins its a camera interface which is the part I can't tell you about yet :)
    So we know there's a cradle to mount the Hydrogen to use as a monitor. Maybe it will also connect to the stereo cameras and record higher quality 3D into the Komodo. Not really sure I would use that, but interesting none the less.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    I think that the minimum needed for 6K is 50fps. 40fps would be ok I guess, but 50 fps is very much needed for plenty of shoots, not to mention HFR work at 48fps, which I personally I don't like, but is a thing that some people want.
    Fps is also defined by the sensor readout, which is why the Pocket is 50 fps maximum at 6K.
    I agree, I would be fine with 6k topping out at 50fps, and I am sure most people looking to buy this camera would be more then happy with this as well. More worried about keeping 120fps at 4k or as close to it as possible. Without 120fps 4k the camera is probably not going to make it into my arsenal.

Having canon like autofocus and a bit of 5axis sensor stabilization on this thing would be amazing! Still I need it to have a control port to hook focus/zoom motors and record button up to it. Hopefully the RT motion latitude can be plugged into the EXT port. Would really be a bummer to have a perfect gimbal camera with no way to hook in solo or dual opp FIZ systems.
    Last edited by Daniel Kelly Brown; 10-01-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kelly Brown View Post
    I agree, I would be fine with 6k topping out at 50fps, and I am sure most people looking to buy this camera would be more then happy with this as well. More worried about keeping 120fps at 4k or as close to it as possible. Without 120fps 4k the camera is probably not going to make it into my arsenal.
    60fps at 5k for nicely oversampled 4k delivery would be good.

...We have been putting the prototypes in some rockstar hands over the last few months and will continue to do so over the next few months to really bang on and blow up, so you are seeing them here there and everywhere.
    I haven't got one yet...

seriously though, be cool if we had a contest or somethin' to let a few RedUser get our hands on a few of them and shoot some barebones indie stuff.

is it small enough to put on a Ronin-S?
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

As fun as it is... I am not just messing with you guys just for the sake of teasing you all.....Specs have not been 100% locked down yet so it would be hazardous to give them.

I laid this all down at the start... Komodo specs and ship dates and everything else about Komodo will come when it's ready. I know me posting photos because I just can't help myself is a bit torture to some of you with so little info. Ill try to stop :)
    DO NOT STOP! Torture us!!!!!!
    Red Dragon-x "Big-Skippy"

www.imaginationx.com