Thread: Was Jinnimag Thread Removed?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Was Jinnimag Thread Removed? 
    Did I miss something or was the Jinnimag thread completely removed from the site?

Perhaps it was mentioned why it had to be removed right before it was. Or am I just not seeing it? I'm trying to keep tabs on the developments with the mags as it is sure to come up in conversations with people I interface with in the production world and I wanted to stay on top of it.

Thanks!
    Steve Sherrick

Looks like it has been

I guess Jinni Tech’s third video was too much to handle for REDUSER open discussion. This is truly unfortunate, the most cynical form of damage control.

If the general videos were just talking about the guts and inner workings of the mags mods would have let it continue (and we did for a long time), but the last video is a bit too much of a tilted/jilted POV and bringing personal attacks towards individuals.

I let the thread run for a long time happily having discussions surrounding the topic, agreeing or disagreeing with whoever's POV.

But it's very different when a private individual is harassed and a client overseas calls you at 4:15am to tell you you're on YouTube.

To reiterate, personal attacks have no place on REDuser. Pros and cons of being a moderator on a public forum.

I've got a thick skin, but we've now diverged into some new territory where forum policy is mixing with the content being shared. This guy is looking to hurt people professionally and very literally trying to destroy not just a company, but a community as well.

Discuss away, but I wouldn't link this content here at all.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Phil, with all due respect, I think this is a big mistake. I understand wanting to take some heat off the situation from a PR perspective. And yes, some of the discussion had some moments of passive aggressiveness (and arguably just aggressiveness) from some Redusers. But I think an open dialogue is important too. I was trying to take in all of the information being presented by both sides. I thought RED had a right to defend themselves and correct information they thought was erroneous. Then it's up to endusers to come to whatever conclusion they want.

Now, maybe there is ongoing legal issues happening and this thread was taken down because of that. I don't know. But, if it's not that, I'm a bit disappointed by this decision. I think the key to this open forum is for both sides (RED/Moderators and Redusers) to stay professional, stay away from personal attacks, and have healthy debate. If that's happening, I can't see why an entire thread would be taken down, unless there is a legal reason. Otherwise, this doesn't look good. And it makes me less interested in posting if there's a chance the whole thing will just go away at some point.

Whatever the result of this situation with the mags, RED was built on the backs of this community. It would be unfortunate if it started to move in a negative direction. Communication is king. Transparency is king.

I also don't think it's a good look that you are speaking for RED here. And this is coming from someone who has been here since the beginning. I always value your input, the time you spend providing information. But there is almost no official statements being made form RED employees. Again, maybe a legal thing. But it just doesn't look good.

I want RED to succeed. I still use the cameras, even if I don't own the current lineup. I want RED's reputation to be solid. It's good for everybody. And I get this guy is causing problems for RED. But, regardless of the thread being up or not, this has made its way across the internet and I think it's worthwhile to have the discussion here, at what is the official portal of RED.

Now, to fellow Redusers. I encourage everyone to stay professional, respect people and their opinions and try to be objective as possible. Attacking Phil is not the way to go. Seeking answers to the questions being raised - fair enough. Just try to remember the human side of the equation too.
    Steve Sherrick

And to clarify a little bit, I know there is an official statement from RED (Jarred's). I just meant in the thread itself.
    Steve Sherrick

Good idea Phil!

I wouldn't care if it was me, but when it comes to people I consider friends, that line was crossed which is the reason I had to voice my opinion.
    Isn't there a way that RED could flag those videos for infringing on existing IP?
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

I'm pretty sure, the particular thread in question was taken down because it was specifically mentioned in the video released last night. Also, that thread contained the link to that latest video.
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Jinni didnít say anything in that video that hadnít been asked and answered in that thread. If the personal attack is on YouTube why remove the reduser thread? If the attack is in the thread remove the post. It looks like itís deleted to silence the conversation.

How about remove the post, not the thread, +1 this does not look good

On a side note, I’d like to join the PR team, I could do no worse.......You can even pay me in battle tested items