Thread: Always a White Line

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Always a White Line 
    I'm wondering how many people have in the corners a white static line. Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't but its annoying, I have to zoom each time a small percentage to get rid of it. I use Davinci Resolve.

Any idea how to fix it?
    Attached Images
    Instagram: @rv12
    Vimeo: @rv12

Rodrigo,

Are you referring to the white line top and bottom of the image? Is this line baked into the R3D or just the monitoring path? I assume Frame, Action and Title guides are switched off in the menu? If it comes and goes randomly that is very odd.
    Tom Gleeson

Don't know if it's this or something else, but the focus sharpening tool can give that effect (the one that gives you the 'F' with a tick next to it on the default monitor overlay).

Found here if you don't have a button for it - Menu>Overlays>Tools>False Color: Focus

I've got the same thing happening, only just noticed it in post on the current project I'm working on,
    Captured Red Dragon 6K 2:1, I see it in Adobe Premier & Resolve.
    My guess, it's a software scalling issue with the 6K 2:1 set to fit inside a HD1080 canvas, being a point factor of percentage scaling.

Sometimes the edge line is blue or red on the verticle edges, scaling each image gets rid of it though