Thread: I value your Opinions! Please Review "OCEANIDI'S" Website.

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    Senior Member Ketch Rossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA | ITALY
    Posts
    14,453
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
    Thanks for all your efforts on this Ketch, i think everyone rational agrees with you in principle, the challenge is convincing people there is a workable solution.
    And thank you for putting in the time to review and help with revisions Patrick.

    Yes that is the biggest challenge, and reason I have conceived Oceanidi the way I have.

    I know I am up against a truly colossal challenge, but that is perfectly fine :)
    F I L M M A K E R
    ____________________

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member Zeb B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In The Moment
    Posts
    4,937
    Source / prevention is the only solution. As in biodegradable plastics. Once the shit hits the ocean then the cost and complexity of any recovery solution is not economically viable. Wondering if this effort is related to your Tree of Life deal. Seems a good fit
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member Ketch Rossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA | ITALY
    Posts
    14,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    Source / prevention is the only solution. As in biodegradable plastics. Once the shit hits the ocean then the cost and complexity of any recovery solution is not economically viable. Wondering if this effort is related to your Tree of Life deal. Seems a good fit
    Correct Zeb,
    Prevention trough Information and Eduction is absolutely Key, and this is why Oceanidi is split in two unique Paths, the Eco Motion Picture vessel to create Imagery for this purpose, and the Eco Giga Recycling Powerplant to do the actual physical clean up and elimination of all Plastic Waste.

    And yes, this is in part correlated to both the Tree of Life project and the Tactical Film Institute, just bigger, much bigger, and as a Nonprofit Organization instead that as a Private For Profit Business.
    F I L M M A K E R
    ____________________

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member Sabyasachi Patra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    529
    Plastics degrade and Microplastics fibers and beads enter into the organisms and start bioaccumulating. It is not just in the ocean but also in the lakes and rivers and ponds and all other wetlands. Now microplastics are found in our food as well. An estimated 15 trillon pieces of plastics floating in our oceans and fresh water bodies all over the planet.

    In a leaking ship, the sailors immediately try to find the hole and plug it. Are we stopping the usage of plastics? NO. If not, then everything else is going to fail. I am an optimistic person. However, simply depending on science to clean the oceans is like going on a holiday to mountains and picking up a few scraps of plastics and beer bottles. It will be a big ego booster. But doesn't reduce the overall burden much. Nevertheless my best wishes to who ever does anything on this topic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member Ketch Rossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA | ITALY
    Posts
    14,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Plastics degrade and Microplastics fibers and beads enter into the organisms and start bioaccumulating. It is not just in the ocean but also in the lakes and rivers and ponds and all other wetlands. Now microplastics are found in our food as well. An estimated 15 trillon pieces of plastics floating in our oceans and fresh water bodies all over the planet.

    In a leaking ship, the sailors immediately try to find the hole and plug it. Are we stopping the usage of plastics? NO. If not, then everything else is going to fail. I am an optimistic person. However, simply depending on science to clean the oceans is like going on a holiday to mountains and picking up a few scraps of plastics and beer bottles. It will be a big ego booster. But doesn't reduce the overall burden much. Nevertheless my best wishes to who ever does anything on this topic.
    Thanks Sabyasachi,
    Yes I agree with you, and this is why the Oceanidi project attacks the issue on two different fronts, but still, there is a third front that needs to be dealt with as well, and that is Strict regulations at a Global Scale about Micro-Plastics, and this is going to be a very difficult one.

    For now I am very happy with how far I have come with this project, and look forward to continue to do so and attract interest and launch it at an official presentation.

    More detail information about the how will also be added on the web site.

    Btw, I'm in India right now, Mumbai to be exact, but one of our Spokesperson is in Delhi presenting the project.
    F I L M M A K E R
    ____________________

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member Sabyasachi Patra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    Thanks Sabyasachi,
    Yes I agree with you, and this is why the Oceanidi project attacks the issue on two different fronts, but still, there is a third front that needs to be dealt with as well, and that is Strict regulations at a Global Scale about Micro-Plastics, and this is going to be a very difficult one.

    For now I am very happy with how far I have come with this project, and look forward to continue to do so and attract interest and launch it at an official presentation.

    More detail information about the how will also be added on the web site.

    Btw, I'm in India right now, Mumbai to be exact, but one of our Spokesperson is in Delhi presenting the project.
    Hi Ketch,
    Great to know that you are in India presenting the project. I just came to Bangalore from Delhi. Else could have caught up with your rep. All the best!

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Ketch Rossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA | ITALY
    Posts
    14,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Hi Ketch,
    Great to know that you are in India presenting the project. I just came to Bangalore from Delhi. Else could have caught up with your rep. All the best!

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Thanks Sabyasachi,
    Loving India, great people and lot's of great idea for a better future floating around.

    We'll catch up next time (pun intended) :)
    F I L M M A K E R
    ____________________

    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts