Thread: I value your Opinions! Please Review "OCEANIDI'S" Website.

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you are trying to raise 2 billion dollars to build your organisation a luxury yacht I would provide more info on your non-profit, for example annual reports on past achievements, form 990's etc, this is standard practice.

It looks like your non-profit status was revoked in 2016 for not filing 990's for 3 years. When was this reinstated?

No scientists on your team?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Worth View Post
    If you are trying to raise 2 billion dollars to build your organisation a luxury yacht I would provide more info on your non-profit, for example annual reports on past achievements, form 990's etc, this is standard practice.

It looks like your non-profit status was revoked in 2016 for not filing 990's for 3 years. When was this reinstated?

No scientists on your team?

The Nonprofit was never operated.

Yes it was revoked because an overside, it was fully re-instated last year.

I just started adding to the TEAM, and there will be exactly the amount and type of Professionals that are needed.

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    Would you prefer a click per page type instead of current scroll type?

What do you mean by "huge run on paragraphs"? That they are too long? That I need split them up more?
    1. I prefer a single page that scrolls. It's the current standard, and I like it. It's bold and simple. Look at the Mac Pro page, which is one of the best examples I have seen. Note the larger font:

https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

2. The paragraphs can be shorter. Yes, you should split them up even more if you can. Shorter paragraphs encourage people to keep reading. When you are reading a book, you don't need short paragraphs, or space between them. But the screen is different.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Thanks for your review Patrick!

I know it needs editing, this is why I said I am not an English major :)

What do you mean by "huge run on paragraphs"? That they are too long? That I need split them up more?
    That paragraph had 13 "," and only one "." . Often if there is more then three comma's per sentence the sentence is a "run on"(technical definition is harder to explain). You need to get someone on your team that can proof your writing, if there is a lot of issue's in the sentence structure people that don't know you could think the site is a charity scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    1. I prefer a single page that scrolls. It's the current standard, and I like it. It's bold and simple. Look at the Mac Pro page, which is one of the best examples I have seen. Note the larger font:

https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

2. The paragraphs can be shorter. Yes, you should split them up even more if you can. Shorter paragraphs encourage people to keep reading. When you are reading a book, you don't need short paragraphs, or space between them. But the screen is different.
    Ok then my current design it's ok, as it is built in a scrolling manner.

Or you are talking about eliminating all Click on additional Menu buttons? Which was my original design, but I tough of it been just way too long of a single page to scroll.

Ok, I'll work further on the Paragraphs :)

Thanks again Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
    That paragraph had 13 "," and only one "." . Often if there is more then three comma's per sentence the sentence is a "run on"(technical definition is harder to explain). You need to get someone on your team that can proof your writing, if there is a lot of issue's in the sentence structure people that don't know you could think the site is a charity scam.
    Ok got it.

Yes I definitely need some one to Proof read it for sure, I knew this from the beginning, but needed to put the content up my self as far too many have started and failed ot deliver.

So after too much money trow away for no good, I decided to do it all myself.

It needs to be more professionally finished and better structured for sure.

Thanks for taking the time Patrick!

Ok Patrick,

I think I have accomplished a bit of what you suggested... I hope :)

Thanks again for your inputs.

Might be a bit late to the plastic clean-up party:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevorn.../#7f8b6cf92738

My feeling on focusing on the fix is that it avoids the obvious: focus on the cause. Like the virtue signalling of "Run For The Cure" marathons where hundreds of upper middle class participants pat each other on the back for being such great people. Perhaps "Run For The Prevention" instead?

In resource use / management the hierarchy goes like this:

1. Reduce
    2. Reuse
    3. Then, finally . . . Recycle
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    Might be a bit late to the plastic clean-up party:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevorn.../#7f8b6cf92738

My feeling on focusing on the fix is that it avoids the obvious: focus on the cause. Like the virtue signalling of "Run For The Cure" marathons where hundreds of upper middle class participants pat each other on the back for being such great people. Perhaps "Run For The Prevention" instead?

In resource use / management the hierarchy goes like this:

1. Reduce
    2. Reuse
    3. Then, finally . . . Recycle
    No I am not.

Btw, The Ocean CleanUp project has already failed, it is broken and was towed back to San Francisco to be repaired.

Failure however is something I know too well, and as I recover and learn from it, so will they, but for now it still remains an experimental basis not a fact of how to clean up Plastic Pollution, nor how to prevent it.

Oceanidi is specifically conceived as a Major prevention project trough Information and Education, then Inspiration for a better place, and it also includes the actual PICK UP, not just clean up, of every bit of Plastic around the Globe, from not just the Oceans, but Rivers, Beaches, Lakes, and also Landfills.

Additionally there is an other HUGE factor that has not allowed for Recycle, and hence created this major Plastic Pollution issue, there are not enough facility to Recycle and or Eliminate Plastic Waste, because there is only money in about 9% of all plastic produced every year.

Oceanidi is conceived to fix this too.

After researching the issue for the past few years, I believe I know what I am talking about, enough to move forward with Oceanidi, at list I'll try as hard as I can to bring a solution, not hope that what others are doing will do that, because so far no one has, not even close to fix %10 of the actual issue, which can only be truly fixed with something at the scale of Oceanidi.

But of course, if all Governments of each Country in the World, wake the FI&^R UP and each do something about it, then there will be no need for Oceanidi, but I don't see that happening, at list not just yet, and Oceanidi is also conceived to Inspire that to happen.

At the end I much prefer to just be a Filmmaker.

Ok Patrick,

I think I have accomplished a bit of what you suggested... I hope :)

Thanks again for your inputs.
    Thanks for all your efforts on this Ketch, i think everyone rational agrees with you in principle, the challenge is convincing people there is a workable solution.