Thread: I value your Opinions! Please Review "OCEANIDI'S" Website.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I value your Opinions! Please Review "OCEANIDI'S" Website. 
    Hello fellow Reduser,
    I truly do value your opinions, and for this I ask that you visit and Review the website I created for "OCEANIDI" a project to Eradicate Plastic Pollution.

One which is set to build 10 E.G.R.P. "Eco Giga Recycling Powerplants" in key locations around the Globe.

And most importantly also build a unique E.M.P.V. "Eco Motion Pictures Vessel" tasked with the responsibility to lead the way trough the creation of Movies containing Messages related to the cause, and host Special Gran Gala Charity events to aid the cause against Plastic Pollution.

The complexity of this project, well, possibly two projects actually, as the E.M.P.V. could be built as a Private Investment for Profit business entity, is huge, but well within a feasible attainability.

What I ask is for your kind REVIEW of the website, which I have designed and populated myself, so I know there is a lot of work to do, since I am neither a Pro Web Builder nor a Literary English Major.

Many thanks in advance for taking your time, and for your Reviews.

www.Oceanidi.org

My first impression is that the white text against the photos of trash in the first two slides is a little difficult to read because of how busy/textured the trash is. I also feel like the parallax scrolling design is a bit wasted because that effect only happens for the very beginning and you never see that effect again after that.

Other than that, I think it's clean and bold. I like how well it works on the phone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    My first impression is that the white text against the photos of trash in the first two slides is a little difficult to read because of how busy/textured the trash is. I also feel like the parallax scrolling design is a bit wasted because that effect only happens for the very beginning and you never see that effect again after that.

Other than that, I think it's clean and bold. I like how well it works on the phone as well.
    Thanks for your review Aaron!

Much appreciated.

I tried several color options, and could not find one that worked better, hopefully some one can help :)

Ok Aaron,
    After you mentioned, I tried all colors, none of them works because of the mix colored debris in the BG.

Only solution was to remove the Photograph all together, so that the important intro text remains boldly clean and easy to read.

I now replaced with a short Ocean clip, looks good to me now :)

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    I really like it. I especially love the full screen video and the red text over it. I agree with Aaron about parallax scrolling. When I went full screen, then back again, it made my browser go a bit funny. I had to close the REDUser page and the Oceanidi page and reload them.

There is one aesthetic problem which stands out the most: the blue-on-white OCEANIDI logo in the top left corner. It clashes with the rest of the page, and looks very 1990s.

I'm using Firefox 67.0 on Mac OS X 10.9.5.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    I really like it. I especially love the full screen video and the red text over it. I agree with Aaron about parallax scrolling. When I went full screen, then back again, it made my browser go a bit funny. I had to close the REDUser page and the Oceanidi page and reload them.

There is one aesthetic problem which stands out the most: the blue-on-white OCEANIDI logo in the top left corner. It clashes with the rest of the page, and looks very 1990s.

I'm using Firefox 67.0 on Mac OS X 10.9.5.
    Thanks for your review Karim.

Fixed the Name-Logo color, an actual Logo is in route, but for now I changed to a more neutral color.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    ..I also feel like the parallax scrolling design is a bit wasted because that effect only happens for the very beginning and you never see that effect again after that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    ..I agree with Aaron about parallax scrolling. When I went full screen, then back again, it made my browser go a bit funny. I had to close the REDUser page and the Oceanidi page and reload them...

Trying to eliminate the Parallax Scrolling effect, but can't see how :( But I'll keep trying.

Afraid to change Template and loose all the work haha!!

EDIT:

Parallax rolling effect Off ;)

Hard to navigate, scrolling froze up on my ipad pro. Needs massive editing, for example huge run on paragraphs:

"While we obviously intend to play an important leading role with the E.M.P.V. project, we are only interested in the absolute best and fastest results to the Eradication of Plastic Pollution, for this we openly invite many more to follow, and if Governments or Major Investors of any Country decide to step in and take over and build their own E.G.R.P. (Eco Giga Recycling Powerplant) we are certainly OK with it, in fact, we will have an open policy without trademarks, and we will AID any one that wishes to do so, Oceanidi as a Nonprofit Organization, does not need to, nor wants to be EXCLUSIVE in this fight to Eradicate Plastic Pollution, because no matter what, no single organization can ever become large enough to achieve this alone, and the “Inspire the World” part in our mission statement is exactly placed to say what it means, Inspire every One, every Company, every Government, to do all that they can, to tackle this crisis with such force that Plastic Pollution will be Eradicated before it is too late."

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
    Hard to navigate, scrolling froze up on my ipad pro. Needs massive editing, for example huge run on paragraphs...

Thanks for your review Patrick!

Hard to navigate how? The scrolling? I tried with my Hydrogen phone, and my iPad Pro as well and it is navigating without freezing up.

Would you prefer a click per page type instead of current scroll type?

I know it needs editing, this is why I said I am not an English major :)

What do you mean by "huge run on paragraphs"? That they are too long? That I need split them up more?

Truly appreciated all the reviews and very thankful for all the emails from the site as well.

PLEASE keep them coming, I hope that all the changes I have done so far, are reflective of the inputs offered so far :)