Thread: Any Hollywood Movies shot on Gemini?

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Any Hollywood Movies shot on Gemini? 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    27
    After searching and searching ....

    Is there any Hollywood production, or TV-Shows that has been shot on Gemini ?

    The list goes on and on for Helium and Monstro but I can't find any that used Gemini ?

    And if so why is that ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Because you don't need extreme low light capability when your scenes are all lit?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Gotfredsen View Post
    After searching and searching ....

    Is there any Hollywood production, or TV-Shows that has been shot on Gemini ?
    Remember, typically feature film pre-pro, production, and post takes somewhere between 9 months and 1.5 years. I've worked on a couple films that took 1.5-3 years even to hit the screen.

    That said, with Gemini, they are starting to pop up.

    Rambo: Last Blood - Filmed with 6X RED Geminis


    Monstro is being used all over, Helium previously on Stranger Things and other stuff.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    44
    «Rim of the world» on Netflix is shot on Gemini, by Shane Hurlbut ASC.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    386
    New season of Jessica Jones was shot on the Gemini
    Scarlet-W 9706
    Alexa Mini
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Zeb B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In The Moment
    Posts
    4,937
    Gemi coming on strong!! It's a great single op cam. I love mine. Not sure why a big budget feature would use it tho. Camera rental cost is a rounding error on a feature film budget
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Nick Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    Gemi coming on strong!! It's a great single op cam. I love mine. Not sure why a big budget feature would use it tho. Camera rental cost is a rounding error on a feature film budget
    Why wouldn't feature films use Gemini? Its more than meets Netflix Specs (5K), and has the best DR of any RED outside of Monstro, while also being great in lowlight and having very manageable data rates. Also has much better offspeed than Venice and others at 4K.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Morrison View Post
    Why wouldn't feature films use Gemini? Its more than meets Netflix Specs (5K), and has the best DR of any RED outside of Monstro, while also being great in lowlight and having very manageable data rates. Also has much better offspeed than Venice and others at 4K.
    What do you mean by "better offspeed" than...?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts