Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New Gemini Kit announced

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Thornton View Post
    Was hesitant about chiming in on this, but I think the kit could be improved if it was this:

DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 BRAIN® (Good)
    Al Canon Lens Mount (AL PL Mount)
    DSMC2 RED Touch 7.0" LCD (Let USER decide)
    DSMC2 Outrigger Handle (Good)
    DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander (Good)
    RED MINI-MAG - 960GB (Really now? - 480GB is plenty for Gemini)
    IDX DUO C98 batteries with charger (No comment)
    G-Technology ev Series RED MINI-MAG Reader (RED USB-C Mag Reader)
    Heavy-duty camera case (Excellent)
    2-Year Standard Warranty (Good)
    Heh heh, it doesn't work that way for the kit.. kit ( and more specifically the discount with the kit ) only works if you don't change things. Of course you can order things as you want ala cart.. but the discount only happens because we can order the same thing in higher volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh, it doesn't work that way for the kit.. kit ( and more specifically the discount with the kit ) only works if you don't change things. Of course you can order things as you want ala cart.. but the discount only happens because we can order the same thing in higher volumes.
    Definitely makes sense. Really awesome that you guys offer these kits at all.

A semi-related question. Those Nanuk cases are EXTREMELY nice. My Gemini brain was shipped in one since I had ordered one pretty early on in the process, but it wasn't really intended to be used with Gemini. If we were to contact Nanuk to make us a custom cut case to fit our specific needs, is there anyway Red could provide them the necessary low detail CAD models or 2D CAD to cut the case? Or is that something they might already have access to since they are your partners? I would love to get a new foam insert cut to fit my specific setup. If not that is fully understandable but a man can dream.

I see that on Red.com, there is credit to upgrade from an Epic Mysterium X to Gemini 5K S35 of $5000.00 ($19,500 down to $14,500) Is this a valid offer? I thought all Epic X upgrade paths ended.
    https://www.red.com/upgrade-eligibility

If this is valid, would it also apply to the Kit pricing ? (hopefully!)

Matt

RED TEAM
    Hi Matt,

The EPIC-X upgrade to DSMC2 GEMINI, HELIUM, or MONSTRO is still active; however, trade-ins are not eligible toward the GEMINI Kit. With that being said, if you are interested in upgrading, you may want to contact a local dealer and see what you can work out. Let me know if you need an introduction.