Thread: Short film EVE , shot on RED with Leicas

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Short film EVE , shot on RED with Leica R on Helium 
    Latest piece I shot for :
    https://madeinhollywoodusa.com
    Would love to hear comments, thank you.
    alex
    Last edited by Alexandre Naufel; 04-27-2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: adding information
    www.naufel.com
    imdb
    Epic-X 235

Best Rorschach ever. Not sure what I was looking at but loved it. Be advised, you are giving Hollywood best known for cheesy stories, car chases and blow-em-up movies a bad name by making pure artful beauty. Not quite keeping in the popular tradition of what the world expects of Hollywood.

Hey Vance, thanks ! Glad you like it and thanks very much for the kind words. Yeah, when we decided on a name we had just watched a great film and the logo at the end inspired us . Wanted to reclaim the old "Made in Hollywood USA" as a cool place to make great films again. :) Cheers !
    www.naufel.com
    imdb
    Epic-X 235

here is a direct link : https://vimeo.com/324693397
    www.naufel.com
    imdb
    Epic-X 235

Senior Member Satsuki Murashige's Avatar
    Hey Alex!!

Love the play with light and texture. Thought the use of split frames helped to add a sense of symmetry, movement, and balance to the frames that matched the subject. Lovely work in camera and post.

Hope you’ve been well my friend :)

Satsuki ! How are you doing ? Looong time... I have not been shooting up north as much these days but hopefully that will change ! Thanks for taking a look at our little film and for liking it. For years now I have been trying to honor the work that my wife does with the silks and it had always eluded me. It wasn't until inspiration hit and we made it horizontal that it clicked... Now , we will try to get some eyeballs on it :) Be well and I hope to see you soon !
    www.naufel.com
    imdb
    Epic-X 235

Is this art? Think so!

Thank you, I guess?! We certainly were out for art not commerce with this one :) Thanks for watching !
    www.naufel.com
    imdb
    Epic-X 235

Senior Member Satsuki Murashige's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Naufel View Post
    Satsuki ! How are you doing ? Looong time... I have not been shooting up north as much these days but hopefully that will change ! Thanks for taking a look at our little film and for liking it. For years now I have been trying to honor the work that my wife does with the silks and it had always eluded me. It wasn't until inspiration hit and we made it horizontal that it clicked... Now , we will try to get some eyeballs on it :) Be well and I hope to see you soon !
    Yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki Murashige View Post
    Yes indeed!
    Hey Satsuki,
    would you please email me your current info ?
    I have a job coming up in the Bay Area and would love to chat with you and pick your brain.
    alex@naufel.com
    www.naufel.com
    imdb
    Epic-X 235