Thread: False Color Epic grabs (on-going)

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 False Color Epic grabs (on-going) 
    Been doing some research on some films that were shot using the Epic since I will be shooting a larger one myself this summer. Didn't want to keep it all to myself. My favorite to see the IRE scale on is Rust Bone because of the apparent "raw" shooting style - one I will be closer to with the given budget this summer. I wish I could see the raw images but always cool to see the graded results.

http://trustydigitalmedia.com/epic-grabs/

Movies (updated):
    Rust Bone 2012
    Pacific Rim 2013
    Magic Mike 2012
    Enders Game
    The Strangers
    In a World

Next on the list (if you guys have any links to grabs for these, can't find them online anywhere yet):
    Total Recall
    Flight
    Hitchcock

Cheers!
    Last edited by Tyler Besh; 05-10-2019 at 12:13 PM.

I love this!

Tom Van

Epic-X and Epic-W
    www.tomvan.com

Yeah, it's actually interesting and helpful (Though I'd probably disregard Only God Forgives, as I think most was Arri). Would've been nice to know how they looked before the grade.

Are you sure some of those aren't Dragon?

Also, Strangers: Prey at Night is R1 MX (and on Netflix), might be worth taking a peek. OH, and Detention by Joesph Kahn and Chris Probst I think was MX. And Dredd. Might be worth adding those to the list. Ender's Game, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Yeah, it's actually interesting and helpful (Though I'd probably disregard Only God Forgives, as I think most was Arri). Would've been nice to know how they looked before the grade.

Also, Strangers: Prey at Night is R1 MX (and on Netflix), might be worth taking a peek. OH, and Detention by Joesph Kahn and Chris Probst I think was MX. And Dredd. Might be worth adding those to the list. Ender's Game, too.
    Yeah that's the bummer about IMDB it only says Epic most of the time I've noticed not what sensor. I agree with OGForgives, gonna remove that.

I'll look into those other ones!

Senior Member Christopher S Johnson's Avatar
    Thunder Road was Dragon.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yezNMeI

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher S Johnson View Post
    Thunder Road was Dragon.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yezNMeI
    Copy you.

Can't find any of those on Netflix so I will do Ender's next since I have access to it.

I know The Strangers: Prey at Night is definitely on there... Ender’s, Detention, and Dredd *were* on there, but they may have been taken down over the years.

I know The Strangers: Prey at Night is definitely on there... Ender’s, Detention, and Dredd *were* on there, but they may have been taken down over the years.
    I see what happened, Strangers is DVD only. Others are gone for sure as well.

Ender's Game has been added to the page, getting access to Strangers, any others you can think of? Also, I've been looking for a list of MX-only shorts and features for years haha. Looks like I'll be the one making it after all.

http://trustydigitalmedia.com/epic-grabs/

You could tell a lot more with waveform displays and vectorscope images. There have been methods for many years (decades, really) to interpret scopes and understand why a picture looks the way it does, and what could be done to improve it or change the look. I'd refer anybody interested to this document:

https://www.tek.com/document/primer/...igh-resolution

I
    think False Color is good to have if you're a camera operator shooting under tough conditions, like a fast-moving documentary or reality show, where you can instantly see when you're clipped an image or you're in some other exposure problem. But I don't think it's a good way to dissect or understand an image.
    marc wielage, csi • colorist/post consultant • daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer