Thread: SCARLET-X Won't Power On - ADORAMA Warranty?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Wong View Post
    That's a pretty shitty situation and horrible customer service. Thanks for sharing.
    No problem. I'm not big for putting companies on blast but I had to put this one out there for the forum. PayPal's on it now so we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Michael Redden; 05-01-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Michael R.
    Scarlet-X #01316
    Scarlet-X #02415
    www.evolvevisuals.com
    https://www.instagram.com/evolvevisuals/

Wow, I really can't believe Adorama did that. I often buy stuff via Adorama's ebay store (but won't anymore). I wonder what B&H's policy would be in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RobMNeilson View Post
    Wow, I really can't believe Adorama did that. I often buy stuff via Adorama's ebay store (but won't anymore). I wonder what B&H's policy would be in this situation?
    I was pretty shocked too cause I purchase from them pretty regularly. The Scarlet actually came from their ebay store so be careful. I'll have to upload the screenshots of their correspondence because it was pretty blatant on their end.
    Last edited by Michael Redden; 05-01-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Michael R.
    Scarlet-X #01316
    Scarlet-X #02415
    www.evolvevisuals.com

After opening a PayPal dispute and taking to social media, I received a new order number and an expedited replacement brain. So ultimately they did take care of the situation but only after (IMO) their hand was forced publicly. I still stand by my original statement regarding my experience with Adorama's customer service. YMMV

However, on a side note, I do want to sing some praises for RED as a company though. A representative from RED who handles dealer accounts saw this post and actually reached out to me. Was extremely polite, helpful and basically let me know that RED does care about the experience their customers have with the brand, even when it's coming through a third party.

This completely caught me off guard because not many companies out there do that or even care. To put it in perspective, him reaching out to me regarding a Scarlet X would be the equivalent of Sony reaching out to a customer regarding a bad experience with a Playstation 2. There's a lot to love about RED already but them reaching out regarding my issue with Adorama is a whole new level of customer service. Definitely happy to be a REDuser.
    Michael R.
    Scarlet-X #01316
    Scarlet-X #02415
    www.evolvevisuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Redden View Post
    Hey everyone,

So about a month and a week ago, (Feb 27th) I ordered a Scarlet X from Adorama through eBay. It came with a 30 day return policy and a 90 day warranty. Everything seemed fine with the camera at first until yesterday. I took it out the case and no matter what I did, I could not get it to power on using the wall adapter or V mount battery. The LED on adapter is solid green until you plug it into the camera and then it just flashes about 6 or 7 times. When I plug a battery in, the battery just resets itself. I have tried a force reset, firmware upgrade, and removing all attaching modules with no luck.

I am now outside of Adorama's 30 day return policy but within their 90 day warranty however after emailing their eBay department, they are stating that their warranty only covers "manufacturing defects and not excessive wear and tear". Camera has been used maybe 10 hours in the past month and a half and resides in a pelican case. Has anyone encountered this issue before and/or know of a fix to get the camera back up and running? If not, has anyone had to go through the warranty claim process with Adorama, since they're an authorized seller for RED?

Thanks for any advice!
    I can fix your camera. Check out my Red Camera Series https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TMf5gdvV-FxAln